Rickma says that we have a chance at a great year

After reading Dneuner's interview with RM, I saw something very interesting that no one has commented on.

RM said ""People think we're going to be good," Majerus said. "I feel good about this team. Give me any BCS school and I'll play them.".

I never remember him saying anything this rosey when KL and TL were seniors. What is everyone's take on this comment?

I mean, I am trying to not get optimisticly ahead of myself (like I always do) but if RM believes that we can play any BCS school than that is a paradigm shift from last year. Is this the year that we win 22+ games? even with all our youth.

Man, RM seriously is one of the top five coaches/recruiters of all time if he can pull something off next year. Is Femi really that good? Ellis? How will we win games?

RM must have some sort of plan. I have no idea what it is right now, but I am looking forward to sitting back and enjoying the ride!

-Nick

After reading Dneuner's interview with RM, I saw something very interesting that no one has commented on.

RM said ""People think we're going to be good," Majerus said. "I feel good about this team. Give me any BCS school and I'll play them.".

I never remember him saying anything this rosey when KL and TL were seniors. What is everyone's take on this comment?

I mean, I am trying to not get optimisticly ahead of myself (like I always do) but if RM believes that we can play any BCS school than that is a paradigm shift from last year. Is this the year that we win 22+ games? even with all our youth.

Man, RM seriously is one of the top five coaches/recruiters of all time if he can pull something off next year. Is Femi really that good? Ellis? How will we win games?

RM must have some sort of plan. I have no idea what it is right now, but I am looking forward to sitting back and enjoying the ride!

-Nick

Next years team will have a chance to be worse than this years team, but also a chance to be much better. I would not be surprised if they went 15-15 or if the went to the NCAA tourney.

I don't expect much next season, yet I am really looking forward to it. I think youth and a lack of scoring again will be issues, but I am looking forward to the season because this will really lay the foundation for the two years that will follow. It is a very unique situation to have such a large number of players get to play three years together. Hopefully that continuity will result in big success.

I don't expect much next season, yet I am really looking forward to it. I think youth and a lack of scoring again will be issues, but I am looking forward to the season because this will really lay the foundation for the two years that will follow. It is a very unique situation to have such a large number of players get to play three years together. Hopefully that continuity will result in big success.

This is now unofficially RM's team. There are no UB holdovers. All his kids. This is pure speculation on my part, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out there were undertones of bitterness about his replacing UB by some of the players that may have infected the team. Now he can shape these kids to his way entirely. That interview had a whole lot different tone and theme than the last two years, eg we're a train wreck waiting to happen, I didn't choose them and they didn't choose me. I think next year is going to be interesting especially with KM further maturing at the PG, WR hopefully adding some bulk, the two Aussies who might really come in more as soph's than frosh since they'll be playing a full summer of high level international ball.... we can hope can't we?

I think next year is going to be interesting especially with KM further maturing at the PG,

No doubt, but I'm more interested in the development of the guards around him. KM is good but he can't win it by himself. Will Cassity be able to step into that role as part time backup point guard? Or Salecich? KM is going to be playing 30+ minutes a game next season. We don't have another true point on the team. Can someone give us some stability there?

WR hopefully adding some bulk

I would imagine he will. Remember it had been two years of him not playing organized basketball, so there was that. He also had all the eligibility issues at the beginning so I would bet he missed some workouts. With the offseason and the summer, he should be able to get his weight up to a respectable amount.

the two Aussies who might really come in more as soph's than frosh since they'll be playing a full summer of high level international ball....

Don't bet on that. They're going to be as much freshman as the rest. Will they benefit from this? Yes, but they are still going have to learn teh system, get accustomed to living the States, etc.

No doubt, but I'm more interested in the development of the guards around him. KM is good but he can't win it by himself. Will Cassity be able to step into that role as part time backup point guard? Or Salecich? KM is going to be playing 30+ minutes a game next season. We don't have another true point on the team. Can someone give us some stability there?

I would imagine he will. Remember it had been two years of him not playing organized basketball, so there was that. He also had all the eligibility issues at the beginning so I would bet he missed some workouts. With the offseason and the summer, he should be able to get his weight up to a respectable amount.

Yes, but look what that experience did for IV.

Don't bet on that. They're going to be as much freshman as the rest. Will they benefit from this? Yes, but they are still going have to learn teh system, get accustomed to living the States, etc.

Rickma in the year after he has had two recruiting classes has a history of having big years. This coming seasonis basically that year when you consider when he was hired.

That's when you judge a coach anyway. By the third year, it's primarily the 'coach's' team. Mike Anderson is a good example of this.

That's when you judge a coach anyway. By the third year, it's primarily the 'coach's' team. Mike Anderson is a good example of this.

No, I believe you guys appear to be talking about 2 different things.

Mike Anderson's third season was after he had the chance to recruit for 2 1/2 years. He agreed to come to Mizzou and then had time to land kids that first Spring so MA had some of his own guys that first year. Thereafter, he had 2 full years of recruiting -- I call this 2 1/2 years. RM had none other than his picking up PE whom he found shooting in the gym. Therefore, while this will be RM's third season, he will not have had the chance to recruit as much as MA did before he started his third year. When RM starts this, his third season, unlike MA, RM will have had only 2 years of recruiting. IMO, MA is not a good example.