Rick Majerus

EMS67

Has Gordon finished any races, lately? St. Louis American's un named writer and Jeff Gordon may become notorious but they won't become well read.

Would someone furnish us with the email from the P-D sports Page editor so we can express our opinions in the only way feasible, today-the internet; the paper is less useful, now, to wrap fish and garbage as they continue to downsize the page size.

We simply need to let them know that redundant writers are not needed. If Tom Timmerman goes to the games and follows the recruiting and reports

anything of importance then having social comments from sports writers not assigned to cover the Billikens only results in excess payrolls. Fire the writers who have nothing assigned to them and write armchair conjecture.

Great, another story filled with inaccuracies and mis-spellings.

Inaccuracies? What? You mean like saying Majerus makes three-million a year? Or the University of St. Louis? Or the fact that Jeff Gordon is cited as a credible and ubiased source? Or the premise that the powerful St. Louis media could run Majerus out of town? Somebody please tell me this article is a joke, because I got a good laugh out of it.

Inaccuracies? What? You mean like saying Majerus makes three-million a year?

Man that is a lot of sausage even it a town that considers itself the inventors of the hot dog, ice cream cone, and toasted ravioli which are the real reasons that RM wanted to coach here.

It sounds to me like the article is condeming Jeff Gordon and his ilk for their criticism's of Majerus and other coaches. This article didn't knock Majerus, he may have gotten the 3 mil a year wrong, but he also may have gotten that from an article written by Gordon or Maurice Scott or any of the other St. Louis media who like to take their shots at our coach because he rightly understands how unimportant they are to what he's trying to do and he doesn't give them the time of day.

actually, if you scroll down, you will see that he cites the ridiculous screed by Maurice Scott as his "source." What a complete joke --that thing was bad enough, and this guy shows his almost complete ignorance of the situation here in the LOU. This is evidently a crib of a crib, many of which I am learning to readily identify, especially this time of year.

As far as idiotic criticisms elsewhere in college bb; well, there are so many much better illustrations of it, why pick on SLU??

Frankly, to speak to the main claim: there has been very little strong criticism of the program; for a city this size, the Lou has been quite forgiving and quite patient toward the Rick.

Which is fine by me. Check with me in about Feb. 2011.

actually, if you scroll down, you will see that he cites the ridiculous screed by Maurice Scott as his "source." What a complete joke --that thing was bad enough, and this guy shows his almost complete ignorance of the situation here in the LOU. This is evidently a crib of a crib, many of which I am learning to readily identify, especially this time of year.

As far as idiotic criticisms elsewhere in college bb; well, there are so many much better illustrations of it, why pick on SLU??

Frankly, to speak to the main claim: there has been very little strong criticism of the program; for a city this size, the Lou has been quite forgiving and quite patient toward the Rick.

This article is talking about how inane the reporting and reporters are here in St. Louis. Citing Maurice Scott as an example of how bad it is and J Gordon's comments also. At least that is my take.

This article is talking about how inane the reporting and reporters are here in St. Louis. Citing Maurice Scott as an example of how bad it is and J Gordon's comments also. At least that is my take.

This website is a freelance ebay type thing. I could write an article saying I watched Majerus walk on water and it would be posted for sale. No biggie either way.

I didn't take it as a knock of Majerus or a knock of SLU. I took it as a knock on the reporters.

I took it exactly as you did - a defense against the inane reporting going on locally.

This guy is just another example of the current wave of wanna-bees ---- write your own blog for a while and if you get lucky and hit it big, you become the next big thing. Think of Mel Kiper, Jr. a few years ago. No one heard of him. No one cared. Now, he's on ESPN and he's Mr. NFL Draft Guru. He even has a clone in Todd McShay or whatever his name is.