Jeff Peterson

The only school I have heard are Missouri St and Virginia Tech. If Majerus has a scholarship available he should pursue this kid. He is going to be very good after sitting out a year.

Man, going from Princeton to Missouri State would be quite a drop off.

Iowa to Missouri St?

I googled this and it seems first he was going to Princeton, then visited Iowa, and was considering SLU at that time; what happened did he go to Iowa

but not play or how did he spend the last year?

Would RM want him? I get the impression our recruits would normally be better than Ivy League under RM

I googled this and it seems first he was going to Princeton, then visited Iowa, and was considering SLU at that time; what happened did he go to Iowa

Would RM want him? I get the impression our recruits would normally be better than Ivy League under RM

He went to Iowa and averaged 10 points ad 4 assists his sophmore year. Seems like he would be a great get to me.

Yeah, he committed to Princeton early and then had a great senior season which drew attention from bigger programs. Brad was on him early, but he committed to Steve Alford at Iowa. Alford got fired but Peterson kept his commitment, despite the fact that he did not know who their coach would be. He's played well, but I guess he just didn't see eye to eye with Lickliter.

He went to Iowa and averaged 10 points ad 4 assists his sophmore year. Seems like he would be a great get to me.

He was pretty close to leading the Big Ten in assists when he got hurt at around 5 a game. If Majerus isn't pursuing Peterson he is asleep at the wheel.

Yeah, he committed to Princeton early and then had a great senior season which drew attention from bigger programs. Brad was on him early, but he committed to Steve Alford at Iowa. Alford got fired but Peterson kept his commitment, despite the fact that he did not know who their coach would be. He's played well, but I guess he just didn't see eye to eye with Lickliter.

He did not commit to Alford. He commited to Lickliter after he was hired at Iowa. Continuing to beat up on Brad for not getting a kid who went to the Big Ten is pretty silly by the way.

He did not commit to Alford. He commited to Lickliter after he was hired at Iowa. Continuing to beat up on Brad for not getting a kid who went to the Big Ten is pretty silly by the way.

I've been to Iowa and the University in Iowa City and for a cornfield Big Ten school it lacks a campus feel. I have been there lots of different seasons

and it might be a good place to go to Med School but so is SLU

I don't think we have enough depth at point and I am not sure that KM isn't playing more like a 2-3 than a One; he sure liked his own shot better than

dishing off toward the end of the season; but if you had KC and TLIII playing along side you neither of those two seem to want to shoot; hard to assist

someone who won't shoot

I've been to Iowa and the University in Iowa City and for a cornfield Big Ten school it lacks a campus feel. I have been there lots of different seasons

and it might be a good place to go to Med School but so is SLU

I don't think we have enough depth at point and I am not sure that KM isn't playing more like a 2-3 than a One; he sure liked his own shot better than

dishing off toward the end of the season; but if you had KC and TLIII playing along side you neither of those two seem to want to shoot; hard to assist

someone who won't shoot

Any chance this is the "mystery transfer" we've been hearing about? And he was recruited by Alford not Lickleiter. Keep in mind he's got a strong StL connection. Believe his mother lives there or near there. It would be ironic if he did end up at SLU, since if UB had landed him that spring that might have saved his job. I still think Fr. B came to his decision about UB when he saw no one sigining with SLU in the spring.

He committed to a coachless Iowa program - we were all surprised when it happened. When Lickliter was hired, he signed an LOI/NLI/whatever. Big Ten or not, Brad should have been able to out-recruit a team that did not have a coach.

He committed to a coachless Iowa program - we were all surprised when it happened. When Lickliter was hired, he signed an LOI/NLI/whatever. Big Ten or not, Brad should have been able to out-recruit a team that did not have a coach.

He did not committ to a coachless Iowa program. He waited to see who was hired and if that coach was still interested in him. He did not commit to Iowa until after Lickliter was hired.

He did not committ to a coachless Iowa program. He waited to see who was hired and if that coach was still interested in him. He did not commit to Iowa until after Lickliter was hired.

Mea culpas on my part. I think you're correct 3 Jack, although Alford recruited him and he may have verballed or expressed an intent he was Iowa bound. I'd like to see him as our "mystery recruit". I think Nate knows who it is but is keeping mum on the subject so he can break it on rivals. And there's nothing wrong with that, Nate.

As I understood it, he liked Iowa - committed to Alford - Alford left - Peterson maintained his commitment, despite the fact that they had no coach - signed with Lickliter.

NOT JUST "OKAY". Didn't you hear!?!? Spike don't play well with girls. Wait. No I remember - you were WRONG! DEATH PENALTY.

PAYSTUBS, ASPHALTHEAD.

Oh, I gots my paystubs. But just so you know, my monthly parking fees were taken out of my most recent check, so it's normally $65 more. Take that!

Oh, I gots my paystubs. But just so you know, my monthly parking fees were taken out of my most recent check, so it's normally $65 more. Take that!

Ha, we just went bi-weekly and now I'm on some kind of bastardized "salaried rate", I'm anticipating more BS as well. Whatever, I guess I'll take still having a job. I thought I was saving parking fees working from home, but Denver parking and their butthole hall monitor jeep® manages to screw me out of about the same amount monthly anyways. Damn The Man®. Although, If I end up making out w/ Liv Tyler on a rooftop when this is all over, it'll have been worth it.

Posted Image

Ha, we just went bi-weekly and now I'm on some kind of bastardized "salaried rate", I'm anticipating more BS as well. Whatever, I guess I'll take still having a job. I thought I was saving parking fees working from home, but Denver parking and their butthole hall monitor jeep® manages to screw me out of about the same amount monthly anyways. Damn The Man®. Although, If I end up making out w/ Liv Tyler on a rooftop when this is all over, it'll have been worth it.

Posted Image

And I thought that was you in drag, Jimbo.

He was pretty close to leading the Big Ten in assists when he got hurt at around 5 a game. If Majerus isn't pursuing Peterson he is asleep at the wheel.

Why in the hell would he want to come to SLU where he would have to have to sit behind Mitchell? He will want to go some place where he will have a chance to start and that isn't SLU. Majerus has already recruited over Peterson.

Guest BillikenReport

Why in the hell would he want to come to SLU where he would have to have to sit behind Mitchell? He will want to go some place where he will have a chance to start and that isn't SLU. Majerus has already recruited over Peterson.

I would be surprised if SLU doesn't try to recruit Peterson.

Majerus has shown he's always trying to add talent to the roster and even though Peterson may not seem like a perfect fit, bringing him to SLU would be adding more talent to the roster.

Also, and this has been mentioned before, adding a transfer from a D-1 team would not be a bad idea because that player would be able to practice for a year while sitting out — which should make that player and everybody he practices against better — and then be able to play when Mitchell, Conklin, Reed, Thompson and Cassity are juniors.