A10 split

GOSLU68

anyone know what each team brings to the league and how the shares work out; this could be a bonus year for the teams playing in gyms holding 3,000 or less with their low overhead this could give them a break even or better year

anyone know what each team brings to the league and how the shares work out; this could be a bonus year for the teams playing in gyms holding 3,000 or less with their low overhead this could give them a break even or better year

This is from a WSJ article last week for the A-10

In 2007-08, each unit was worth $206,020. A school that goes to the finals earns five credits that year, worth just over $1 million, which is then divided among the universities in the conference.

The schools in the Atlantic 10 conference, for instance, earned 27 units last year (these units represent six years of accumulated tournament wins for conference schools) and the NCAA sent the conference a check for $5.56 million. This check was then divided up among the 14 schools in the conference, or $397,143 each. Of the 32 Division I conferences, 23 earned less Madness money than the Atlantic 10, with most of these conferences earning below $1.5 million. The biggest prize in 2007-08 went to the Big East Conference. Its 16 schools divided just over $19 million, or $1.2 million per school -- possibly enough to pay the head coach's salary.

-i don't know the facts but i would be shocked if there is a straight division of the ncaa units

-i have to believe the teams earning the units get more than those that do not, but this is the wsj so maybe

-but every school in the conf does get more the more units the conf teams accumulate

-go X, Temple and UD!!!

-i don't know the facts but i would be shocked if there is a straight division of the ncaa units

-i have to believe the teams earning the units get more than those that do not, but this is the wsj so maybe

-but every school in the conf does get more the more units the conf teams accumulate

-go X, Temple and UD!!!

I'm almost positive that there is some sort of matrix used to distribute Tourney funds. I've seen it on the A-10 boards before. I'll take a look and see if I can find it.