What conference should we be in right now?

brianstl

which conference  

40 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think

• A-10
    • MVC as it stands
    • MVC if we bring another school or two with us
    • A new conference with XU, Dayton, Butler, and some pieces of the Valley

There is no way Butler leaves their league.

You don't think so? For the right money anyone will leave their league. There are enough pretty strong programs out there that you could form a pretty good league with some decent sized markets and have mltiple teams in the tourney every year that they pay day for members would be pretty good.

You don't think so? For the right money anyone will leave their league. There are enough pretty strong programs out there that you could form a pretty good league with some decent sized markets and have mltiple teams in the tourney every year that they pay day for members would be pretty good.

Well yeah if the price is right anyone would leave any league but I just dont see there being enough steam to start a new league. Dayton and X seem like they are pretty comfortable in the A-10 and Butler dominates the Horizon, I just dont see it coming together. I hope im wrong.

Well yeah if the price is right anyone would leave any league but I just dont see there being enough steam to start a new league. Dayton and X seem like they are pretty comfortable in the A-10 and Butler dominates the Horizon, I just dont see it coming together. I hope im wrong.

Considering his comments about post season play, the preferred league, conference tournaments and his wrap up statements about the team in general, he seems to be suffering from the fatigue of a season that kind of gassed out on him in the last five games.....when things could have gone a little better, he and the team have made some progress, suffered for senior scoring leadership and look forward to two years to build the Bills into a tournament team......he sometimes puts tongue before brain in these matters....always has in his career.....but as Lombardi said , "Fatigue makes cowards of us all"---a phrase he likes to use.....he's no coward, but should probably wait on his opinions and analysis until he gets a bit more rest and perspective

Considering his comments about post season play, the preferred league, conference tournaments and his wrap up statements about the team in general, he seems to be suffering from the fatigue of a season that kind of gassed out on him in the last five games.....when things could have gone a little better, he and the team have made some progress, suffered for senior scoring leadership and look forward to two years to build the Bills into a tournament team......he sometimes puts tongue before brain in these matters....always has in his career.....but as Lombardi said , "Fatigue makes cowards of us all"---a phrase he likes to use.....he's no coward, but should probably wait on his opinions and analysis until he gets a bit more rest and perspective

RM and Chris May should have one goal-total emphasis on media improvement-that includes Radio, TV,, PR for league and team; and of course a keeper for a great basketball mind that responds with a brain drain without thinking through the impact of his statements. Here is a pretty fantastic

basketball person who would be considered great if he realized his own impact.

The A-10 but try like hell to get out of it with Dayton and X.

I demand a recount after the NCAA and NIT selections as I predict the A10 is having a banner year; we had a respectable effort and we were outmanned by many of the A10 teams

but we can take the best teams from the valley and a10 and start a new conference?

I tell you what, if Dayton gets screwed by the committee tomorrow their a large group of their fans are going to have had about enough of the A-10. There is a group that has already had enough.

So the Dayton fans can create a new conference?

Never said that, but if you don't think every team is always exploring it's options you are mistaken. There is conference that could be formed that is better than the A-10 and the MVC without needing any of the members of the Big East. If SLU, XU, and Dayton keep waiting for the Big East to implode they will be waiting for a long time. You don't think XU is getting sick of sharing it's NCAA paydays with a conference that has 14 teams and only gets 3 in a year max? How is the A-10 helping XU? It is not, but XU is helping the likes of Fordham and the Bonnies.

One vote for the MVC as it stands right now. I guess Rickma is lurking here.

You rigged the survey in favor of the A-10.

A-10 or "three other fuzzy options that are all mixed up".

Nice try.

I took marketing: Bonwich!

You rigged the survey in favor of the A-10.

A-10 or "three other fuzzy options that are all mixed up".

Nice try.

I took marketing: Bonwich!

I don't think so. I think the A-10 would even be getting more votes if it was just the MVC as is vs. the A-10. My vote would have went to the A-10 if it was just those two choices.

I don't think so. I think the A-10 would even be getting more votes if it was just the MVC as is vs. the A-10. My vote would have went to the A-10 if it was just those two choices.

to prove that point why didnt you make the poll mvc or a-10. i agree with you completely, and the other two choices just muddy the debate.

to prove that point why didnt you make the poll mvc or a-10. i agree with you completely, and the other two choices just muddy the debate.

Because, I don't think if we leave the A-10 it would be to go to Valley as is. I think it is going to the Valley with another team to keep the number even or it would to go to a conference that doesn't exist right now.

I don't think two years from now we will be in the A-10. I think we are gone and it is just a matter of lining up dance partners. I am buying the rumor that certain boosters have been approached about ponying up for a buyout. I would like to hear Billikan's thought on all of this. He would have be the the kind of booster that would be approached about this. He has been strangely silent on this issue.

we should have two NCAA tournaments: one for first semester teams with good records before the dopers are kicked out and one for second semester teams that survive all the hacking and undercutting that the refs are allowing this year. We could even name the brackets after notorius coaches who have had the misfortunre of recruting cheaters

Maybe, but you put it together such that it is not conclusive for the issues at hand. Just do A-10 vs MVC. Still will not mean much unless all Billikens.com members vote, only those with strong feelings on the matter that look at the board this moment will vote...