TL III and offense

slu72

Was able to get free stream last night. Got to admit this ain't your Granddad's SLU team. I mean WR getting a dunk? KL trying the alley oop with WR? A PG that is dangerous from 3 pt land? BE making some legit PF moves? The players seem comfortable in the offense with the exception of one notable: TL III. This is not a knock on TL III post. I admire TL and all he's done for SLU over the past 4 years. But it sure would be great if he could get more into the offensive scheme as we approach the tourney. I can't say what he has to do or what the offense needs to do to make this happen. But w/ a soph like year TL plus KL, KM, WR, and BE we'd have a fair amount of firepower on the floor. For example, KC made a great move on the baseline last night as he saw the inside had for some reason come wide open. If that was a designed clear out play or generated somehow by the motion of the offense, I'd like to see TL take advantage of the same situation(s). Again not a knock on TL at all....just a little question as to why he doesn't seem more involved on the offensive end of things.

IMO, Tommie's relative drop off in scoring seems to be his inability to get to the hoop. I don't know what happened, but for whatever reason he doesn't seem to be the slasher he was his first two years. Tommie used to dunk...has he even had a dunk this year? Instead of driving to the hoop, he continues to go for the mid-range jumper. He can hit that shot, but a layup is such a higher percentage. I'm sure defense has a large part to do with it, but I would still expect better productivity off the drive. I've been following this pretty closely the past few games and it has really perplexed me.

Was able to get free stream last night. Got to admit this ain't your Granddad's SLU team. I mean WR getting a dunk? KL trying the alley oop with WR? A PG that is dangerous from 3 pt land? BE making some legit PF moves? The players seem comfortable in the offense with the exception of one notable: TL III. This is not a knock on TL III post. I admire TL and all he's done for SLU over the past 4 years. But it sure would be great if he could get more into the offensive scheme as we approach the tourney. I can't say what he has to do or what the offense needs to do to make this happen. But w/ a soph like year TL plus KL, KM, WR, and BE we'd have a fair amount of firepower on the floor. For example, KC made a great move on the baseline last night as he saw the inside had for some reason come wide open. If that was a designed clear out play or generated somehow by the motion of the offense, I'd like to see TL take advantage of the same situation(s). Again not a knock on TL at all....just a little question as to why he doesn't seem more involved on the offensive end of things.

I was wondering about TL last night he seems aggressive in the beginning, plays great defense, nice block on a help in the second half, but seems to be moving as if he is injured, his uncle alluded to a back problem before is that what is going on?

I was wondering about TL last night he seems aggressive in the beginning, plays great defense, nice block on a help in the second half, but seems to be moving as if he is injured, his uncle alluded to a back problem before is that what is going on?

Those who get to see games in person would be more in the know, especially based on seeing the Bills only 5 times on my laptop this season, but clearly the O goes through KM. Which it should. It just seems TL is an afterthought. TL plays the 3 and in college ball they are supposed to be scoring threats along with the PG and the 2. In the first half last night he seemed to be around the ball and made a couple of nice shots....then voila he basically disappears. I know I'm wrong here but I think he took no more than 3 shots in the second half. A mid range jumper, a slash that he lost getting to the hoop, and a jumper he made. Other than that, nada. We need him like we needed DB last year to provide us with some points.

IMO, Tommie's relative drop off in scoring seems to be his inability to get to the hoop. I don't know what happened, but for whatever reason he doesn't seem to be the slasher he was his first two years. Tommie used to dunk...has he even had a dunk this year? Instead of driving to the hoop, he continues to go for the mid-range jumper. He can hit that shot, but a layup is such a higher percentage. I'm sure defense has a large part to do with it, but I would still expect better productivity off the drive. I've been following this pretty closely the past few games and it has really perplexed me.

Nashville I agree with you...TL was such a good slasher the past couple of years and created more chances for himself--higher percentage chances that is--and I don't see that from him. I do like TL, I've said that before, but I don't know if he's trying to be less selfish and more team oriented or what, but he's not the same TL that I'm used to seeing. Thank goodness for his defensive intensity, but I would really like to see some more slashing to the hoop from him these next few games. When he plays well and is able to create, I think it would ope up KM and WR more, especially with the hot shooting of KM from beyond the arc as of late. TL would draw more attention and I could see some easy dump off's to WR from some dunks or easy layups around the rim. Just observations--

Nashville I agree with you...TL was such a good slasher the past couple of years and created more chances for himself--higher percentage chances that is--and I don't see that from him. I do like TL, I've said that before, but I don't know if he's trying to be less selfish and more team oriented or what, but he's not the same TL that I'm used to seeing. Thank goodness for his defensive intensity, but I would really like to see some more slashing to the hoop from him these next few games. When he plays well and is able to create, I think it would ope up KM and WR more, especially with the hot shooting of KM from beyond the arc as of late. TL would draw more attention and I could see some easy dump off's to WR from some dunks or easy layups around the rim. Just observations--

he has temporarily lost his handle; it is not the first time over his career but he is not taking care of the ball.

TL just needs to hit a three, a jumper, and a layup in the first five minutes and he will be back where we need him for tournament time

I felt in lat night's game, TL got defensive duties on Williamson. Who is no offensive threat whatsoever. It appeared TL was asked to more or less slough off Williamson and play more of a help defense. He did that really well but it seemed as though it was more him looking to find the game rather than have the game go through him. Don't know if this translates to anything on the offensive end but Williamson is the defensive stopper and he had Lisch. Covens had KM. Short of the opening withdrawal at the bank (shot), TL seemed non-existent on offense. Maybe that's why RM praised him for the defense. Keeps the young man's head in the game and showers some appreciation.

I would guess it is more team oriented at this point for TL, in the long run it is more helpful for the team with less dependence on him and KL for points..

If we win and there is a good spread of points among 6 or 7 players-who cares who gets them at this point? TL has proven he can play and he is a senior and he is learning fine points of the game he never knew. RM is good to him for the game he brings

and he will probably play ball in Europe at 3-5 times what his criminal justice degree will start him at and then when he comes

home a very sophisticated world traveler he may get a job with the Knicks or become police chief? Who knows but we have had

fun watching him for nearly 4 years. Bravo, TLIII

If we win and there is a good spread of points among 6 or 7 players-who cares who gets them at this point? TL has proven he can play and he is a senior and he is learning fine points of the game he never knew. RM is good to him for the game he brings

and he will probably play ball in Europe at 3-5 times what his criminal justice degree will start him at and then when he comes

home a very sophisticated world traveler he may get a job with the Knicks or become police chief? Who knows but we have had

fun watching him for nearly 4 years. Bravo, TLIII

That all sounds good to me.