Kenpom schedule predictions

STLfan

With his statistical work/research, Ken Pomeroy has SLU predicted to go 13-16 and 6-10 in conference. His predictions always change as the season goes on though since it is based on numbers. I think we will finish better than that maybe 8-8 or 9-7 in conference.

Here is a link to what he predicts right now.

2009 basketball schedule for St. Louis

With his statistical work/research, Ken Pomeroy has SLU predicted to go 13-16 and 6-10 in conference. His predictions always change as the season goes on though since it is based on numbers. I think we will finish better than that maybe 8-8 or 9-7 in conference.

Interesting that he has us under 500. Hard to believe with this schedule that we finish below 500 but those string of loses in the conf. he has listed are the real killer. Time will tell - does he readjust based on results from games played as the season goes on?

Interesting that he has us under 500. Hard to believe with this schedule that we finish below 500 but those string of loses in the conf. he has listed are the real killer. Time will tell - does he readjust based on results from games played as the season goes on?

It's adjusted everyday. And please note all that he correctly lists the final record as the sum of the probability in each game, that is if slu is a 66% favorite in 3 games their expected record is NOT 3-0 but 2-1.

He now has us at 15-14, 7-9 in A10 play.

He now has us at 15-14, 7-9 in A10 play.

I also just looked and saw that - seems that "no good terrible victory" over Upstate carried more weight then some think. Now, I know that this ranking has also to do with what the teams we played against have done recently as well as those we will be playing. My point is simply that there will continue to be yo yoing going on in these rankings for all season.

I also just looked and saw that - seems that "no good terrible victory" over Upstate carried more weight then some think. Now, I know that this ranking has also to do with what the teams we played against have done recently as well as those we will be playing. My point is simply that there will continue to be yo yoing going on in these rankings for all season.

since yesterday, so after USCU result already factored, we have moved from 152 to 140 and our likelihood of victory has moved from 66 to 68% on kenpom's site

we are on the rise!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: