UofL Looms Large ....

Taj79

... looks like the top five conference slots are all claimed. Just comes down to tie-breaking order. I still believe UAB blew it ... a win at Tulane and they are tied with Memphis and Cincy and I know they have the tiebreak over Cincy. That was a tough time to take the night off, Blazerboy. I feel for you.

I was surprised UofL took down Memphis, at home or not. It just did not seem to "be in the Cards." Are they dying or what? Again they are a beatable team on the road, the Bills will just have to suck it up ...especially without TF and Drejaj if that becomes the case. Beating UofL would almot guarantee a 10-6 league record and no doubt gets us a six spot in the C-WHO pre-dance. Given that the mess at the top won't be decided until its all over, I don't know if that's good or bad. But a six most likely will cause us to miss UC until the finals at best; semis at worst. Not that we are a lock to get that far but its worth the daydreaming.

Nice win in Tulane but I kind of expected it. Props to JF and RB ... looks like they were told "rebound" and they did it. Don't you find it interesting that PHunt scored more than Ross although its not a knock on either. We needed them and they came through as best they could. A "protective" win.

Navy beat Army 43 to 37 on national TV ... total of 80 points, in 80 minutes if you take two teams playing 40 each. Yikes, that must've been ugly!

Need to beat UofL!

A good win over Tulane. No TF, AD bad ankle, Tulane homecourt & momentum, bad matchups for us, etc. Yet we win. Why? Because Tulane is a bad team. A bad team that ocassionally plays well. A little D and we bring them back to earth.

On Wed. with U of L, it will be just the opposite. A good team that has been playing bad (till Memphis) Now that it is Big Dance month good teams start to crank it up a notch. This will be a tough game. (Although, no tougher than last year) The good news is that this should be a close game. The bad news is they will probably wear us down and beat us. What can go right--- a close game and they go cold and we squeak out a win. What can go wrong----They wear us down early and beat us lopsided.

I show Cards by 2 over the Bills

Go Bills

... they didn't put us on regional CBS. I found out from a friend in Ohio that he didn't get Army/Navy yesterday so it must have been regional. But c'mon! The win raised Navy to a whopping 5 and 20. The loss dropped Army to 6 and 22. I like defensive games like the next guy but not tha have two dogs like this clutter up national outlet space and time. Especially this close to March. With all deference to the national picture. Woof. Woof. Woof.

... I'm leaning more towards a Bills win, Inspector Wizard. Shut down Garcia and the Cards can be had. Whitehead gets 12 rebounds a game ... 11 by rebounding his own horrid misses. That guy might give 110% but he has to ... talent-deficit on the shooting end if you ask me. Dean has been bothered quite tremendously since his thigh/groin injury. A nice second hand to Garcia he hasn't been of late. The rest are just a cast of tens ... nothing really to write home about. But we need the lunch pail gang to show up and play their tails off to get this one.

Wouldn't that be rich ..... finishing higher in conference than a #19 ranked national team!!!! Beat UofL ... beat Houston and we finish 10 and 6. That's 17 and 10 ... win one or two in the C-WHO, and the NIT is a lock if we're not a lock already. Too soon to call .... 17 and 10 can go 15 and 12 realy quick. One and out in C-WHO and I don't know if 15 and 13 gets us anywhere but in front of the TV in March.

and that is obviously a big if, we would deserve serious consideration. 19-11 obviously means a win over Louisville (very nice RPI boost) and two wins in the CUSA tourney, the 2nd of which will probably be over a team like Charlotte/Memphis. Another very nice RPI boost. The loss would likely be to another solid RPI team. I think our RPI would be around 50. With 5 quality wins (Dayton, Charlotte, Depaul, Louisville, CUSA tourney victim) we would start to look pretty good. Don't count us out just yet.

Garcia and Dean have been on the mend and even at 75% they are still a handful. All we have to do is "shut them down" nay be easier said then done. I will still go with Louisville by 2 but I hope you are right.