Bad Pub for SLU

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They both look pretty happy don't they........

Will this kick off Obama's "White Water" moment????? Stay tuned.....

Obama had nothing to do with it. I bet he'd like to clock Rowdy Roddy in the face right now.

Why are they in front of a SLU backdrop, anyway?

S T R E T C H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably, but it'd be good enough for the NY Times to start carving up a Republican. Tony Resko would be on the front page every day.......

PS to Pistol, I realize that Obama isn't implicated in the info that led to these arrests but there are connections between him and Rod.

Probably, but it'd be good enough for the NY Times to start carving up a Republican. Tony Resko would be on the front page every day.......

PS to Pistol, I realize that Obama isn't implicated in the info that led to these arrests but there are connections between him and Rod.

I hope no one on the Billiken board is involved in any scandals or fraudulent activity because then people can implicate me with their actions and suggest that I share all of their views.

So you're saying that if the governor of Arizona did the same thing if McCain were elected, McCain would personally be getting scrutinized for it already? I find that hard to believe. Without any signs of approval from the guy who left his seat, the press would be idiotic for trying to blame him for it.

There are connections between Obama and Blagojevich, naturally. A state senator and governor of the same state would have a hard time not being connected. If you're referring to Rezko, he was unavoidable for Illinois politicians during that time period. Given the long-standing corruption in both parties in Illinois, the back-room favor politics in Chicago, and the media scrutiny both get, I'm actually very pleased at how clean Obama has kept.

But none of this answers the question- why are they in front of a SLU backdrop?

So you're saying that if the governor of Arizona did the same thing if McCain were elected, McCain would personally be getting scrutinized for it already? I find that hard to believe. Without any signs of approval from the guy who left his seat, the press would be idiotic for trying to blame him for it.

There are connections between Obama and Blagojevich, naturally. A state senator and governor of the same state would have a hard time not being connected. If you're referring to Rezko, he was unavoidable for Illinois politicians during that time period. Given the long-standing corruption in both parties in Illinois, the back-room favor politics in Chicago, and the media scrutiny both get, I'm actually very pleased at how clean Obama has kept.

But none of this answers the question- why are they in front of a SLU backdrop?

Pistol, the two frauds were at SLU for, according to the AP report, before the Base Realignment and Closure commission during their hearings at Saint Louis University, St. Louis. Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich wanted President-elect Barack Obama "to put something together…something big" in exchange for going along with Obama's choice to fill his vacant US Senate seat, according to an FBI affidavit unsealed following the Governor's stunning arrest. Collapse

(James A. Finley/AP)

Can somebody answer this question? Then close the thread.

Could be a photoshop, but why?

For the others....

V-time got more scrutiny on this board for his recruiting statements than Obama did as a presidential candidate. A chicago politician with at least one shady Rezko land deal deserves no scrutiny? Don't blame me when Fitzgerald calls Obama into the grand jury. After all he did nail Scooter.........

Could be a photoshop, but why?

For the others....

V-time got more scrutiny on this board for his recruiting statements than Obama did as a presidential candidate. A chicago politician with at least one shady Rezko land deal deserves no scrutiny? Don't blame me when Fitzgerald calls Obama into the grand jury. After all he did nail Scooter.........

I think you're being fair on this Rich, as a Republican president-elect would probably be lambasted in certain media circles. But more to the central issue, what politician at this level doesn't have slimy ties?

I think you're being fair on this Rich, as a Republican president-elect would probably be lambasted in certain media circles. But more to the central issue, what politician at this level doesn't have slimy ties?

I know many are pretty slimey. I didn't particularly like Mccain but at least he cleaned himself up after his dip in the river with Keating. Blago and the Dukester should have ajoining cells if Fitzgerald is correct.

There are some decent public servants. Even Kerry was pretty clean despite throwing his fellow soldiers under the bus in "winter/soldier." Bush was pretty clean ethically (though few lefties will go along with that.) Dole, Gore, Lieberman, to name a few more, were clean. Most of the above were terrible candidates though.........

I know many are pretty slimey. I didn't particularly like Mccain but at least he cleaned himself up after his dip in the river with Keating. Blago and the Dukester should have ajoining cells if Fitzgerald is correct.

There are some decent public servants. Even Kerry was pretty clean despite throwing his fellow soldiers under the bus in "winter/soldier." Bush was pretty clean ethically (though few lefties will go along with that.) Dole, Gore, Lieberman, to name a few more, were clean. Most of the above were terrible candidates though.........

Is it ethical to have the energy companies set your energy policy?

Except for the dealings McCain's wife had with Keating after the scandal.

I think most have questionable connections/dealings, some of which we hear about and others we don't.

At the end of the day, does (or will) the president do a good job for the country? That should be the central question to the presidency. The rest is just periphery.

You had mentioned that you thought Bush was ethical. I was just pointing out he wasn't. Agree?

Bush surrounded himself with good people whom he thought to be ethical. Obviously, some of those calls backfired. Obama has no clue what he's doing, so he's going out and corralling all the old Clintonians back to the District. What change? Liar.