Bad Pub for SLU

You had mentioned that you thought Bush was ethical. I was just pointing out he wasn't. Agree?

Actually I was thinking of them prior to being in office but to answer your question, no I do not see that as unethical. Yes, I agree it is wrong that we don't have access to the minutes of those meetings or know who exacty was there. If you are going to meet on energy policy as an administration the people who meet our energy needs are the ones to meet with along with their lobbyists. The only criticism I have of those meetings is the lack of sunshine

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush surrounded himself with good people whom he thought to be ethical. Obviously, some of those calls backfired. Obama has no clue what he's doing, so he's going out and corralling all the old Clintonians back to the District. What change? Liar.

LOL. Good to have Metz (or his clone) back.

It's obvious obama doesn't know what he's doing, but it's odd that he's getting such high marks on his handling of the transition thus far (both from the public and the pundits).

The latest "talking points"

Obama Has Advised The Blagojevich Campaign And Endorsed Him For A Second Term:

Obama Advised Blagojevich On His Victorious Gubernatorial Run. “That year, [Obama] gained his first high-level experience in a statewide campaign when he advised the victorious gubernatorial candidate Rod Blagojevich, another politician with a funny name and a message of reform.” (Ryan Lizza, “Making It,” The New Yorker, 7/21/08)

Obama: “If the governor asks me to work on his behalf, I’ll be happy to do it.” (John Patterson, “Senator Says He’s Still Willing To Help Blagojevich Despite Hiring Concerns,” Chicago Daily Herald, 7/27/06)

Obama Endorsed Blagojevich For A Second Term. “Obama, who endorsed Blagojevich for a second term nearly 18 months ago, said he’s ready to help Illinois democrats in the upcoming elections.” (John Patterson, “Senator Says He’s Still Willing To Help Blagojevich Despite Hiring Concerns,” Chicago Daily Herald, 7/27/06)

Obama: “We’ve got a governor in Rod Blagojevich who has delivered consistently on behalf of the people of Illinois.” (Deanna Bellandi, “Illinois Democrats Talk Unity But Don’t Show It,” The Associated Press, 8/16/06)

Bush surrounded himself with good people whom he thought to be ethical. Obviously, some of those calls backfired. Obama has no clue what he's doing, so he's going out and corralling all the old Clintonians back to the District. What change? Liar.

Bush surrounded himself with good people?!?! Cheney? Rumsfeld? Wolfowitz? Rove? WTF! Yeah, I guess that's why Bush has one of the lowest approval ratings in history - even lower than Tricky Dick. :lol:

They both look pretty happy don't they........

Will this kick off Obama's "White Water" moment????? Stay tuned.....

Glad Billiken Rich is back stirring up the political discussion :lol: I guess you didn't get the memo... it's not 2003-04 on this board when political discussion and GOP chest thumping was allowed. As the worm has turned with Bush's Presidency sinking to historic lows and the Dems dominating the last two election cycles, political discussion is no longer allowed on here.

Bush surrounded himself with good people?!?! Cheney? Rumsfeld? Wolfowitz? Rove? WTF! Yeah, I guess that's why Bush has one of the lowest approval ratings in history - even lower than Tricky Dick. :lol:

Ace, there's really nothing left for the supporters of the Republican party to do at this point other than take shots at the president-elect. Instead of re-investing time and energy into a revised platform and strategy for improving the country, they'd rather tear the other side down.

LOL. Good to have Metz (or his clone) back.

It's obvious obama doesn't know what he's doing, but it's odd that he's getting such high marks on his handling of the transition thus far (both from the public and the pundits).

I believe you are correct sir......at least on the metz part

The obamagasm of the press will keep going in spurts, for at least another year.......

Except for the dealings McCain's wife had with Keating after the scandal.

I think most have questionable connections/dealings, some of which we hear about and others we don't.

At the end of the day, does (or will) the president do a good job for the country? That should be the central question to the presidency. The rest is just periphery.

The media went quite easy on the GOP's radical, anti-American associations - McCain and Liddy... Todd Palin belonging to an American hating secessionist movement.

Pistol, the two frauds were at SLU for, according to the AP report, before the Base Realignment and Closure commission during their hearings at Saint Louis University, St. Louis. Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich wanted President-elect Barack Obama "to put something together…something big" in exchange for going along with Obama's choice to fill his vacant US Senate seat, according to an FBI affidavit unsealed following the Governor's stunning arrest. Collapse

(James A. Finley/AP)

All I wanted was the reason they would be in front of a SLU backdrop, not your opinion. They had a Base Realignment and Closure Commission meeting there in June 2005- that is where the picture is from. The AP wanted to put them in a picture together, and I guess the best they could do was one that was over 3 years old. Also, you might want to refrain from calling someone a fraud before he actually commits, you know, fraud. What Blagojevich wanted and what Obama did (or did not do, in this case) are two totally different things.

Glad Billiken Rich is back stirring up the political discussion :lol: I guess you didn't get the memo... it's not 2003-04 on this board when political discussion and GOP chest thumping was allowed. As the worm has turned with Bush's Presidency sinking to historic lows and the Dems dominating the last two election cycles, political discussion is no longer allowed on here.

Actually I thought I was being pretty mellow about all this.....you are probably correct though. When this thread gets locked I'll not start another......

As to political domination and saviors like Obama, they do tend to have a hard time living up to the adoration. Do not be surprised when the carping of the left and the middle starts.

Ace, there's really nothing left for the supporters of the Republican party to do at this point other than take shots at the president-elect. Instead of re-investing time and energy into a revised platform and strategy for improving the country, they'd rather tear the other side down.

Democrats especially congressional democrats have been just great. They deserve praise for never ever ever taking cheap shots at Bush. We can all learn a great lesson from their fine example......

As to political domination and saviors like Obama, they do tend to have a hard time living up to the adoration. Do not be surprised when the carping of the left and the middle starts.

Seems like it will be the left that will (and has) been the most unhappy with obama's transition to-date.

I agree that you have been pretty mellow. There's really not too much to argue at this point until he actually takes office, then I'm sure he'll give us all something to gripe about.

This was fun while it lasted.

As a Ron Paul fan, I didn't really have too much invested in either Obama or McCain.

Most Republicans have their heads buried in the sand about how irrelevant they have become. A few of their smart strategists are warning that they will become a regional party instead of a national party, unless they make drastic reforms. I hope those voices get ignored. ;)

Democrats especially congressional democrats have been just great. They deserve praise for never ever ever taking cheap shots at Bush. We can all learn a great lesson from their fine example......

And Bush didn't deserve the shots/criticism? Come on Rich, Bush admitted as much last week.

Congressional democrats have been disappointing too, no doubt.

The media went quite easy on the GOP's radical, anti-American associations - McCain and Liddy... Todd Palin belonging to an American hating secessionist movement.

I'll take Liddy over Ayers any day of the week.......

I must've missed it when Todd Palin bombed the capitol......

Most Republicans have their heads buried in the sand about how irrelevant they have become. A few of their smart strategists are warning that they will become a regional party instead of a national party, unless they make drastic reforms. I hope those voices get ignored. ;)

We needed to get through Carter to get to Reagan.

Keep dreaming buddy......

I hear what you're saying Ace and understand it to be tongue-in-cheek, but I think the best thing is for the Republican party to do an overhaul and come out with some solid policy platforms. I think the country will be better off with competition between well-thought-out positions. Doubt we ever get to that point as both sides like to use the news, such as today's news, in a game of oneupmanship.

Actually I thought I was being pretty mellow about all this.....you are probably correct though. When this thread gets locked I'll not start another......

Who said anythign about saviors? That's just something the right-wing talk show hosts say about Obama. Of course there will be conflict along the way. That's no surprise. That's politics. This administration faces HUGE challenges thanks to the incompetence of the previous one. Just simply getting Bush out of office is a huge improvement, even if McCain had won.

And Bush didn't deserve the shots/criticism? Come on Rich, Bush admitted as much last week.

Congressional democrats have been disappointing too, no doubt.

If you want to move from banter to a serious decussion, we can. Otherwise, it is the height of hypocrisy to complain about the right counter punching the left where it can. The reverse is true. The Dems are back from the wilderness but we are largely still a centerist country. I predict Obama will overreach with Reid and Pelosi. The Republican's wilderness will be painful but temporary

Right Rich. Nothing to change with the GOP. Everything is going JUST fine ;)

Where did I say that? It took Reagan to put the nixon years to rest and to put Ford out of everyone's mind. Put a better candidate up than Mccain and we may be having a different discussion. Mccain was as bad a candidate as Kerry was (and that is saying something)

If you want to move from banter to a serious decussion, we can. Otherwise, it is the height of hypocrisy to complain about the right counter punching the left where it can. The reverse is true. The Dems are back from the wilderness but we are largely still a centerist country. I predict Obama will overreach with Reid and Pelosi. The Republican's wilderness will be painful but temporary

The right isn't counter-punching with anything of substance. Taking shots at tertiary issues doesn't help this country. Yes, the left is guilty of the same thing and I don't support that either. As it stands, the right should be worried about its own brand instead of trying to blemish the left (and obama in particular). It does nothing for you and I.

What evidence do you have of obama's overreaching to this point? I don't think his transition necessarily supports that view.