Obi Ikeakor update

Guest BillikenReport

Guest BillikenReport

I posted this on my site last week but I'm sure a few people here will be interested ...

Former SLU post player Obi Ikeakor committed to New Orleans, according to Rivals.com.

I posted this on my site last week but I'm sure a few people here will be interested ...

Former SLU post player Obi Ikeakor committed to New Orleans, according to Rivals.com.

Nate, just curious, how many more years is Obi qualified for? With a year at SLU (actually 2 but one was a medical red-shirt year) and 2 with a community college, I figure only one more year.

Nate, just curious, how many more years is Obi qualified for? With a year at SLU (actually 2 but one was a medical red-shirt year) and 2 with a community college, I figure only one more year.

I figure they better keep him away from all of the Big Easy's culinary establishments. He might have two, Tarheel, he left SLU after one semester his soph year.

I figure they better keep him away from all of the Big Easy's culinary establishments. He might have two, Tarheel, he left SLU after one semester his soph year.

a link to what got him an offer: http://www.eteamz.com/HAAY/

Friday, August 1

RECAP UNSIGNED SENIOR & JUCO SHOWCASE!

Now we understand how MLB All Star Lance Berkman must feel after striking out, or how probably goes through the mind of NBA trendsetter, LeBron James after a three pointer misses the entire rim. Well, after a string of very successful and boastful productive showcases (spanning over seven years), we finally shot an airball on Thursday. This was easily the worst event we’ve ever assembled. From the organizational staff, to the overall talent level of players which included ten no-shows, to the fact that there wasn’t even a hospitality or concession area provided. Still, there were approximately a dozen college coaches who turned up to evaluate the crop of prospects who played three games without having to set idle for more than an hour. The majority of the participants were more than a year removed from their high school careers. While this event won’t solve the sense of urgency that most of these young men desire to continue their collegiate careers, I’m pretty certain that several hearts will be filled with joy after receiving follow up phone calls (by college coaches) within the next day or so. After all, if just one of these players get a scholarship offer, we consider the reward well worth the risk, which is far less than a tank of gas.

ELEVEN (11) PLAYERS WHO SHINED…

(5) Obi Ikeakor 6’8 c (Blinn JC 2009) - Averaged 27ppg including an event high 37pts (4 treys). Although his body still isn’t where it needs to be, and he didn’t run the floor as hard as he should’ve, Obi capitalized on his strengths, and was by far the most productive big man in the building.

Why is he still available? After signing with University of St Louis in 2005, Obi redshirted to recover from a leg injury. He enters his second season at Blinn JC, and is expected to return to the mid level D1 ranks next season.

SOUNDS FAMILIAR....good luck to the Privateers (they'll need it)

Yea I bet he at the Cajun Cabin over on Bourbon right now. Probably wolfing down gumbo, etouffee and jumbalaya and listening to that sweet Cajun dance music. :lol:

It amazes me how guys that aren't qualified to hold the jock strap of a D-1 basketball player come on here and make fun of those that have made it to D-1. Even if they aren't "Studs" in college, they still have talent and have earned a scholarship-something most of those posting still only dream about.

It amazes me how guys that aren't qualified to hold the jock strap of a D-1 basketball player come on here and make fun of those that have made it to D-1. Even if they aren't "Studs" in college, they still have talent and have earned a scholarship-something most of those posting still only dream about.

:lol:

Slumn :lol: , lighten up, we are just joking about the culinary diversions that New Orleans has to offer. I live close to New Orleans and The Cajun Cabin happens do be one of my favorites in the French Quarter. As I said, outstanding Cajun Cooking and live Cajun music. During the season I try to make it over to So Alabama to catch some games (live closer to Mobile). I will try to make it to the UNO game to see how he does. I wish Obi the best.

This board needs some real Billiken BBall news :(

Slum.

First rule of public speaking: know thy audience. In case you didn't know, this Board states "For the fans. By the fans." I admit I was not a D-1 athlete. I presume you are/were a D-1 athlete since only a hypocrite would post what you did and not be one. If so, go ahead pick-up as many jocks as you like and enjoy.

In the meantime, I will criticize the Rams on Monday mornings even though I did not play in the NFL either. I will second guess Tony LaRussa as well even though I did not play in the Majors. Why? because that's what fans do. Don't confuse fans sharing and voicing their opinions with that of a peer review process.

With regard to OI, 99% of the criticism about him on this Board is due to his complete and total lack of effort. Effort is something a player can control. I played b-ball in highschool due to my effort and despite my limited athletic ability. I am quite familiar with effort and how a guy (like me) can over-acheive through effort. Sure OI injured his knee as Junior in highschool. A lot of guys get injury and many do not come back with the same leaping ability, etc. Since, then, however, he took SLU's scholarship while SLU took my season ticket money. All the while, he tanked it as far a effort. Instead of rehabbing the knee he sat around and gained weight. Having missed his complete Senior year in highschool, it was reasonable to expect that he might contribute his Freshman year at SLU. He didn't and was redshirted. Then, starting his Sophomore year, he comes to practice still wearing a cumbersome brace (2 years removed from injury) and about 50 lbs over his proper playing weight. Then, he doesn't work hard in either practice or the classroom and leaves the program in midseason. What praise do you want me to heap in this guy?

Although his body still isn’t where it needs to be, and he didn’t run the floor as hard as he should’ve[/b], Obi capitalized on his strengths, and was by far the most productive big man in the building.

Why is he still available? After signing with University of St Louis in 2005, Obi redshirted to recover from a leg injury. He enters his second season at Blinn JC, and is expected to return to the mid level D1 ranks next season.

SOUNDS FAMILIAR....good luck to the Privateers (they'll need it)

Indeed it does sound familiar.

And why are these scout services so clueless when it comes to knowledge of the sport they actually follow? University of

St. Louis? Sheesh. University of Syracuse? Charleston State University? North Virginia?

Indeed it does sound familiar.

And why are these scout services so clueless when it comes to knowledge of the sport they actually follow? University of

St. Louis? Sheesh. University of Syracuse? Charleston State University? North Virginia?

I was just amazed that some program does so little homework where they waste a scholarship on this slug.

He puts up a big number at a pick-up game against a 6-4 player...after a ridiculous season at Blinn JC!

http://www.njcaa.org/schmain.cfm?sid=4&amp...mp;teamid=66014

it says he scored 25 pts in the whole last season!!

he had more late night pizzas than he did points.....

Slum.

First rule of public speaking: know thy audience. In case you didn't know, this Board states "For the fans. By the fans." I admit I was not a D-1 athlete. I presume you are/were a D-1 athlete since only a hypocrite would post what you did and not be one. If so, go ahead pick-up as many jocks as you like and enjoy.

In the meantime, I will criticize the Rams on Monday mornings even though I did not play in the NFL either. I will second guess Tony LaRussa as well even though I did not play in the Majors. Why? because that's what fans do. Don't confuse fans sharing and voicing their opinions with that of a peer review process.

With regard to OI, 99% of the criticism about him on this Board is due to his complete and total lack of effort. Effort is something a player can control. I played b-ball in highschool due to my effort and despite my limited athletic ability. I am quite familiar with effort and how a guy (like me) can over-acheive through effort. Sure OI injured his knee as Junior in highschool. A lot of guys get injury and many do not come back with the same leaping ability, etc. Since, then, however, he took SLU's scholarship while SLU took my season ticket money. All the while, he tanked it as far a effort. Instead of rehabbing the knee he sat around and gained weight. Having missed his complete Senior year in highschool, it was reasonable to expect that he might contribute his Freshman year at SLU. He didn't and was redshirted. Then, starting his Sophomore year, he comes to practice still wearing a cumbersome brace (2 years removed from injury) and about 50 lbs over his proper playing weight. Then, he doesn't work hard in either practice or the classroom and leaves the program in midseason. What praise do you want me to heap in this guy?

Well said, Clock. Slumn needed some perspective about fan boards.