The Women's Basketball door

Hester won't be in the lineup until 09-10

Last season's roster...where they are now and if they will be teammates with Hester next year...

0 Hope Elam GONE, NO

3 Theresa Lisch HERE, YES

5 Maggie Hennegan GONE, NO

11 Jackie Gilbert GRAD, NO

12 Hayley Leake GRAD, NO

13 Jameela Haynes HERE, NO

23 Katie Paganelli HERE, YES

30 Heather King HERE, NO

32 Amy Klotz GONE, NO

33 Lauren Woods HERE, YES

55 Amanda Kemezys HERE, YES

So assuming no injuries........we have 6 returners that can play this year....the rest are freshmen.

Last season's roster...where they are now and if they will be teammates with Hester next year...

0 Hope Elam GONE, NO

12 Hayley Leake GRAD, NO

30 Heather King HERE, NO

32 Amy Klotz GONE, NO

So assuming no injuries........we have 6 returners that can play this year....the rest are freshmen.

Hey, that's more than the men's team.

0 Hope Elam GONE, NO

12 Hayley Leake GRAD, NO

30 Heather King HERE, NO

32 Amy Klotz GONE, NO

Whoa! Where did Amy Klotz go? Missed that she was no longer with the team.

mhg

Admittedly, I don't know the circumstances surrounding the ladies' program. Heck, I don't really know the circumstances around the men's program. But why is Shimmy not being criticized on this Board close to as harshly as RM has been?

I understand that there is a drop in interest in the ladies program when compared to the men's program, so maybe that accounts for most of it.

Admittedly, I don't know the circumstances surrounding the ladies' program. Heck, I don't really know the circumstances around the men's program. But why is Shimmy not being criticized on this Board close to as harshly as RM has been?

I understand that there is a drop in interest in the ladies program when compared to the men's program, so maybe that accounts for most of it.

Because Shimmy is gorgeous and in life that gives one at least a few degrees more latitude, minimum.

This board is one of the most Women's BBall accomodating of all message boards, even in the face of general enormous apathy.

I have ladies bball season tickets(for what its worth). I don't believe that Shimmy is kicking these ladies off the team. I feel like they and shimmy just arent getting along or they don't want to play for her any longer and walk away. I could also be way off so don't quote me

I don't follow the ladies team much, but they did have some pretty big injuries. That said, when you can't keep people in the program and you don't win, your days will probably be numbered. Let's give Shimmy a season in the new building and a chance to recruit players with West Pine completely out of the picture.

• 4 months later...

Hope Elam is JUCO ALL AMERCAN at Vincennes University she had 32 points and 14 rebounds against #1 Jefferson at Vincennes, 29 points and 18 rebounds against #3 Gulf Coast, and 28 points and 13 rebounds against #6 Chipola in the Gulf Coast tourney in Florida. She just signed to play with the Indiana Hoosiers next year. She is ranked the #11 JUCO player in the nation.

THEN WHY DID WE LOSE HER?

Brand new arena.....and if she's that good, she would be starting....

WHAT GIVES?

THEN WHY DID WE LOSE HER?

Brand new arena.....and if she's that good, she would be starting....

WHAT GIVES?

I'm pretty sure she graduated last year. She played some, but wasn't very productive.

Maggie Hennegen's departure has really hurt this year's team. They really don't have a solid forward to support AK and TL. The frosh guards play hard and are quick, but we lack the player to get the garbage points that Maggie was really good at. The timing of her departure couldn't have been worse, and left the coaching staff holding the bag. Too bad, by all accounts she's a good kid who missed her boyfriend.

I'm pretty sure she graduated last year. She played some, but wasn't very productive.

Maggie Hennegen's departure has really hurt this year's team. They really don't have a solid forward to support AK and TL. The frosh guards play hard and are quick, but we lack the player to get the garbage points that Maggie was really good at. The timing of her departure couldn't have been worse, and left the coaching staff holding the bag. Too bad, by all accounts she's a good kid who missed her boyfriend.

GRADUATED?

Hope Elam was a freshman last year

Guest BillikenReport

I posted this on the message board at my site:

If you do a google search for her Hope Elam's name, you will see comments from her father on message boards apparently trying to contact other schools for her to play at.

http://www.topix.com/forum/ncaa/indiana-wo...A10L5POJ3LF924B

http://www.topix.com/forum/ncaa/northern-i...3GD2EIEK1EDB4EQ

- Nate

I posted this on the message board at my site:

If you do a google search for her Hope Elam's name, you will see comments from her father on message boards apparently trying to contact other schools for her to play at.

http://www.topix.com/forum/ncaa/indiana-wo...A10L5POJ3LF924B

http://www.topix.com/forum/ncaa/northern-i...3GD2EIEK1EDB4EQ

- Nate

That's a tad crazy.....trying to get recruited through a message board????

I am not defending Hope's JUCO credentials, I was just wondering why we recruit kids and they leave and see success elsewhere, while we toil in the second tier of the conference.

That's a tad crazy.....trying to get recruited through a message board????

I am not defending Hope's JUCO credentials, I was just wondering why we recruit kids and they leave and see success elsewhere, while we toil in the second tier of the conference.

I'm a big shimmy fan, but this has gotten to the point where I would hope she's taking a close look at why it's happening so often. She's a new head coach, and maybe she needs to examine what she's doing or the type's of girls she's recruiting.

google in 'indiana womens basketball hope elam' there are articles all over the net / also google in 'central star hope elam'

google in 'indiana womens basketball hope elam' / also google in 'central star hope elam'...its all over the net

I think we can get the point without your having to post the same reply to eight different posts. For another thing, this topic is several months old and had been dead. If you really want to be helpful, find and article and post a link to it, rather than telling people to google it.