X reveals and Home and Aways for A-10

Dayton, Charlotte, and Fordham

I'm upset that we can't seem to get a home and home between X and SLU.

Here's X's A-10 tilt:

Xavier, the 2007-08 A-10 Regular Season Champ, will play home and away series against Charlotte, Dayton and Fordham. The home slate includes match ups against George Washington, La Salle, Massachusetts, Saint Louis and Temple.

The Musketeers will travel to Duquesne, Rhode Island, Richmond, Saint Bonaventure and Saint Joseph’s.

So i guess i don't get to see the new building this year. I was looking forward to the trip to SLU.

Wait a minute ----- last year, X played home-and-home with George Washington, Dayton and St. Joe's. I thought last year was the changeover year --- tht the home-and-homes were set with the same opponents for some time running, like two or three years. And then evaluated. Did I miss something? Are they going to be changing the home-and-homes every year now? Last year we got changed from Dayton, Xavier and Charlotte to Dayton, George Washington and St. Joe's. Is that changing again?

And how do you justify hwo gets whom? I thought the whole idea was to make the top level teams play the top level teams, so as not to penalize the top teams with maybe two games against the Bonnies or La Sally. If I were X, I wouldn't want two against Fordham whatsoever when the likes of us, Temple, Umass and even Duwuesne is out there for what would seem to be a better matchup right now. Of course, you really can't tell this early but still, you catch my drift. And if its going to rotate, don't you think you have to eventually take the Ohio boys out of each other's backyard, despite how foolish that sounds?

Wait a minute ----- last year, X played home-and-home with George Washington, Dayton and St. Joe's. I thought last year was the changeover year --- tht the home-and-homes were set with the same opponents for some time running, like two or three years. And then evaluated. Did I miss something? Are they going to be changing the home-and-homes every year now? Last year we got changed from Dayton, Xavier and Charlotte to Dayton, George Washington and St. Joe's. Is that changing again?

And how do you justify hwo gets whom? I thought the whole idea was to make the top level teams play the top level teams, so as not to penalize the top teams with maybe two games against the Bonnies or La Sally. If I were X, I wouldn't want two against Fordham whatsoever when the likes of us, Temple, Umass and even Duwuesne is out there for what would seem to be a better matchup right now. Of course, you really can't tell this early but still, you catch my drift. And if its going to rotate, don't you think you have to eventually take the Ohio boys out of each other's backyard, despite how foolish that sounds?

I thought they were scrapping the stupid home-and-home system from last year and returning to a more geographically based system, which would certainly make travel schedules and budgets easier for everyone in the conference. Dayton and Xavier are the obvious two for us, and the third isn't as important to me- I'd just hope for a good team instead of one of the bottom-feeders.

Selfishly (as a SLU fan in Cincinnati), I'm very, very disappointed that we aren't back to a home-and-home with XU. The A10 has screwed the pooch again and SLU's going to have to travel right past at least one of the two closest teams in the conference.

Also, I haven't seen people post this BC note anywhere else yet but saw a quick mention of it somewhere (sorry if redundant), but this was in Timmerman's blog:

"The SLU nonconference schedule is still in the works. Among the games still uncertain is the opener, assuming you don’t count the exhibition with Harris-Stowe as the first basketball game at Chaifetz. The Boston College game is not the opener."