I can't name them either...

Among (RM's) comments was wanting to see St. Louis U. compete in the MVC rather than in the Atlantic 10 conference.

That thought was amplified the following week when SLU Coach Rick Majerus, during an interview with KFNS' Kevin Slaten, said: "You can't find a fan to name all 14 teams in the A10."

Asked by Slaten if the MVC was "a realistic consideration," Majerus said he and Father Biondi, SLU President, will have to "sit down and discuss that."

Previously (Feb. 18), during an interview with Billiken broadcaster Bob Ramsey, Majerus referred to the geographics of the A-10 and said: "Every recruit we've lost has been because of the league we are in."

Majerus also told Slaten, "It's going to be a tough year again next year."

http://suburbanjournals.stltoday.com/artic...olumn00.ii1.txt

I was under the impression that the "every recruit we've lost has been because of the league we're in" comment was in reference to the A-10 vs. the Big 10, Big XII, SEC, Big East, etc. - not A-10 vs. MVC.

Just take a quick look at the number of players that are in the NBA from the A-10 compared to the MVC and you see quickly that the A-10 gets far more top flight players.

Just take a quick look at the number of players that are in the NBA from the A-10 compared to the MVC and you see quickly that the A-10 gets far more top flight players.

I am completely agnostic on this issue, although it is very, very, very clear that the schools in the A10- or should I say their respective cities- give the league a much more impressive national sheen than the MVC.

The MVC is a great league, athletically coherent and fabulously competitive in basketball and probably other sports. It is boring as far as it's members and member cities go, and that goes a long way with high-level administration types.

I dunno.

When I looked at this impressive 7-player recruiting class compiled by Majerus, I wonder what the problem is. Sure looks like St. Louis is recruiting just fine to me. The Bills might be missing out on some good kids, but they've gotten others.

Would these kids have come if St. Louis were in the MVC? Impossible to say, but I find it hard to believe that some recruits turned down Majerus because they wanted to play Creighton and SIU instead of Xavier and UMass.

I dunno.

When I looked at this impressive 7-player recruiting class compiled by Majerus, I wonder what the problem is. Sure looks like St. Louis is recruiting just fine to me. The Bills might be missing out on some good kids, but they've gotten others.

Would these kids have come if St. Louis were in the MVC? Impossible to say, but I find it hard to believe that some recruits turned down Majerus because they wanted to play Creighton and SIU instead of Xavier and UMass.

wh the quote is taken out of context. yes, they picked their school because of the conference. but the conference was bcs (griffey for one). we have not lost a recruit that i am aware of because they preferred to play in the mvc over the a-10 since rickma has been our coach.