Tournament Draw/Tournament Wish

We also got the absolute worse draw there is. Dayton, Xavier, then Richmond. We would have to play our best best best (I mean shoot 70% from the field) basketball to even get to the championship. Where St Joes would be waiting to kill us. I just hope that we go out competing.

The last 3 years if I remember correctly (It has been Memphis, St Joes, and GW). We did not even compete at the end. This season has been littered with minutes of basketball that we're just waiting for the game to be over. Games where we were not even competitive for the last 16 minutes and we battling to cut the lead down to 18.

Kent St, GW (first time), Dayton (away), Bonnies, Dukes, Pitt, Charlotte. We just have no shot at those teams.

Of course I want to win the tourney, but I am going to lower my standards a little bit. I would just want to watch the 2nd half where Dayton is not just passing the ball around with 8 minutes left waiting to win by 18+ points. I know the overtime losses hurt and we keep repeating the mantra "No moral victories", but this tourney, I just do not want to get blown out. I would much rather be the kind of depressed (in basketball terms) that says "Man, we almost had it" than the depressed that leaves me searching for the revolver (again not really). Even though we lost, Xavier was the most fun game of the season for me.

Ok, so pass the cup.....

We need to play the team D that had us playing well against X, Temple, Dayton, UMASS and Richmond when we won

We need TL to play Defense hard all the time, his man has been beating him a lot lately

We need KL to be a hero and be able to hopefully let someone else guard the other person's player.

We need Husak to wake up and really get a fire in his belly

We need Danny Brown to shoot well and rebound

We need LM to play the best he has ever played.

We need PE, MR, DP, AK, BE to be able to contribute so that if we do win a game or 2, our studs are not dead tired. We are going to have to win games with DEFENSE. We seem to have forgotten how to play that great D that we learned in the beginning of the season.

So when we win in AC, what are you guys thinking? 12 seed? :)

Nick

We also got the absolute worse draw there is. Dayton, Xavier, then Richmond. We would have to play our best best best (I mean shoot 70% from the field) basketball to even get to the championship. Where St Joes would be waiting to kill us. I just hope that we go out competing.

The last 3 years if I remember correctly (It has been Memphis, St Joes, and GW). We did not even compete at the end. This season has been littered with minutes of basketball that we're just waiting for the game to be over. Games where we were not even competitive for the last 16 minutes and we battling to cut the lead down to 18.

Kent St, GW (first time), Dayton (away), Bonnies, Dukes, Pitt, Charlotte. We just have no shot at those teams.

Of course I want to win the tourney, but I am going to lower my standards a little bit. I would just want to watch the 2nd half where Dayton is not just passing the ball around with 8 minutes left waiting to win by 18+ points. I know the overtime losses hurt and we keep repeating the mantra "No moral victories", but this tourney, I just do not want to get blown out. I would much rather be the kind of depressed (in basketball terms) that says "Man, we almost had it" than the depressed that leaves me searching for the revolver (again not really). Even though we lost, Xavier was the most fun game of the season for me.

Ok, so pass the cup.....

We need to play the team D that had us playing well against X, Temple, Dayton, UMASS and Richmond when we won

We need TL to play Defense hard all the time, his man has been beating him a lot lately

We need KL to be a hero and be able to hopefully let someone else guard the other person's player.

We need Husak to wake up and really get a fire in his belly

We need Danny Brown to shoot well and rebound

We need LM to play the best he has ever played.

We need PE, MR, DP, AK, BE to be able to contribute so that if we do win a game or 2, our studs are not dead tired. We are going to have to win games with DEFENSE. We seem to have forgotten how to play that great D that we learned in the beginning of the season.

Sorry, bad topic to get responses on. I mean....

WE SHOULD BE IN THE VALLEY AND NOT THE A-10.

ok, now go.

So when we win in AC, what are you guys thinking? 12 seed? :)

Nick

Sorry bad topic to get responses on.

I mean...

WE SHOULD BE IN THE VALLEY AND NOT THE A-10

there, go.

Screw the MVC.... :)

Honestly, I ALMOST hope we don't make it. I could never root against the Bills and winning the tourney will be great, but I fear for national embarrassment. This team is so hot and cold, you can't even predict it. We win @ St. Joes then get blown out by SBU at home. We score 20 pts against GW then win going away at home. Our stars can look like studs....then look like role players. Who knows what happens with these tournaments, but I would guess nothing higher than an 9 seed if we make it.

Screw the MVC.... :)

Honestly, I ALMOST hope we don't make it. I could never root against the Bills and winning the tourney will be great, but I fear for national embarrassment. This team is so hot and cold, you can't even predict it. We win @ St. Joes then get blown out by SBU at home. We score 20 pts against GW then win going away at home. Our stars can look like studs....then look like role players. Who knows what happens with these tournaments, but I would guess nothing higher than an 9 seed if we make it.

I would take a Tournament berth and humiliation over not making it at all. Anyway, if we won the A10 Tournament, I think we'd be a 13 or 14 seed. Remember that Xavier got a 14 seed (totally screwed) in 2006 and almost knocked off 3-seed Gonzaga, losing 79-75 to Adam Morrison's bunch. They had a 21-10 record before that loss. A 16 seed is generally reserved for the smallest conferences with unlikely winners and I still don't think we'd get stuck with a 15, either. We would be 20-14 (19-14 with Houston Baptist taken out) with a sweep in AC.

there will be at least 18 conference tourney winners that really arent amongst the deserving at large teams. i.e. 18 divided by 4 (regionals) = 4.5 bottom seeds or a 12 or worse for any team that really wasnt supposed to be there.

Sorry bad topic to get responses on.

I mean...

WE SHOULD BE IN THE VALLEY AND NOT THE A-10

there, go.

The Missouri Valley. Rivetting game: Drake by 28 points over Illinois State. :)

How I long to watch this caliber of talent each year. :(

Oh, what fun road trips these would be as well!! ;)

A true battle of heavy-weights. Doug Elgin could not have been more proud. For the first time in 10 years, the Valley regular season champ wins the conference tournament blowing out the second place team (another no name) by 28 points.

Unless things change, the Valley is looking like a one (1) team conference this year.

I look at it this way. We have to run the table for it to mean anything. That means going through the top teams in the conference no matter what. I'd rather face a top conference team early when we are relatively fresh. Dayton ... we can beat them (or lose by 30). Xavier ... for whatever reason the Bills always show up for the Xmen. We get past Xavier and anything can happen. The bottom dwellers in the conference give us fits. I think GW would blow us out in the A-10 tournament if we were to face them. Personally, I'm not disappointed with the draw. Dayton is the key game. We win that one and the boys might start to believe. We upset Xavier and then we have a legit shot to be cinderella. Here is a link to the A-10 tourney bracket

http://atlantic10.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hoto...o_pdf/bracket08