Capobianco Update

3Jack

This is from Tom Kakert on the Iowa Rivals site thought you guys would be interested:

Talked to Bobby Capobianco tonight. Bobby had a game tonight and scored 28 points and pulled down 12 boards in a loss. He seems to be very interested in Marquette and West Virginia more than Iowa right now. He said UCLA is coming out next week to see him. St. Louis is also in the mix.

• 2 months later...

bright days ahead for the HOOOOOsiers --

so bright I need sunglasses!!

; )

I think Indiana made a great choice in Crean and Crean made a great choice to leave Marquette for Indiana. He realized that it would be easier to win the Big Ten at Indiana than to ever win the Big East. The Big East iis too large with many strong BB programs. Difficult to get to the top and stay on top. Both Marquette and Providence found it hard to find "big names" to fill the openings they had for head coaches. Most coaches realize that the Big East is not for the faint hearted.

I am not worried about Crean and SLU wrestling for recruits. In a few years, Crean will be have Indiana in a postion that he can pick his future players and not recruit them, i.e. North Carolina.

Looks like we are going to be going up against the big boys. Hopefully Biancardi and Majerus can reel him in. He sounds like a great fit. I guess Capobianco missed the SI article.

I think he may have read the SI article. He stated he went to a couple of MU practices and liked Crean's style....which sounds a world apart from RM's torture sessions.

I think he may have read the SI article. He stated he went to a couple of MU practices and liked Crean's style....which sounds a world apart from RM's torture sessions.

You'd be mistaken, ...big time.

Crean's practices are grueling, ...some of the most physical in the country, not for the weak. One All American who shall remain nameless wouldn't consider Marquette after attending a Crean practice.

From what I hear, Crean has all sorts of restrictions on his recruiting so he is just offering kids he recruited at MU. Basically, he can't recruit just offer. He needs warm bodies, and the kids he's recruiting are going to jump at IU whereas he was just in the running at Marquette. FWIW- I've heard Crean is a total control freak and not fun to play for.

From what I hear, Crean has all sorts of restrictions on his recruiting so he is just offering kids he recruited at MU. Basically, he can't recruit just offer. He needs warm bodies, and the kids he's recruiting are going to jump at IU whereas he was just in the running at Marquette. FWIW- I've heard Crean is a total control freak and not fun to play for.

I'm just stating what BC said. that his practice demeanor was pretty calm for the most part. But he could get in your face if he needed to. Whereas RM always seems to be in your face. I know his mentor, Izzo, is known for tortuous practice sessions.

I'm just stating what BC said. that his practice demeanor was pretty calm for the most part. But he could get in your face if he needed to. Whereas RM always seems to be in your face. I know his mentor, Izzo, is known for tortuous practice sessions.

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14861

This thread from a couple weeks ago has a couple long Crean descriptions, one from me (and I admittedly do not like him), and one by courtside, who seems to like him better. I've never heard anyone say that Crean's practices weren't grueling. I would say they're known as being worse that Majerus' practices, even if Majerus is more quick to berate players during practice.