Louisville-UK game, props to A10

gister

Anyone watching this game as Louisville blows out UK at Lexington? Anyway, near the end, Raftery mentioned that if there is one non BCS conference that clearly stands out this year it is the A-10. He ran down a list of teams and included SLU.

Never hurts to have plugs like that on National TV (CBS).

I watched the last eight minutes and change of that game (Kentucky almost made it interesting, cutting the lead to 10 a couple of times), and I heard that comment about the Atlantic 10 having a really good season. I would have posted that myself, but I wasn't near my computer and you beat me to the punch, gister. I thought, though, that it was Billy Packer, rather than Bill Raftery. (I never saw the announcers' faces, but I'm pretty sure I can recognize both Packer and Raftery when I hear them.) He mentioned SLU in the list of several teams, and he praised the league's coaches.

I watched the last eight minutes and change of that game (Kentucky almost made it interesting, cutting the lead to 10 a couple of times), and I heard that comment about the Atlantic 10 having a really good season. I would have posted that myself, but I wasn't near my computer and you beat me to the punch, gister. I thought, though, that it was Billy Packer, rather than Bill Raftery. (I never saw the announcers' faces, but I'm pretty sure I can recognize both Packer and Raftery when I hear them.) He mentioned SLU in the list of several teams, and he praised the league's coaches.

Without having heard it myself I find it highly unlikely Billy Packer would EVER compliment a non BCS conference.

I'm not 100% sure it was Raftery. But he had, what I thought, was a more easy going manner than Packer. The only one I'm sure of is that the other announcer was Lundquist who I've always liked.

Without having heard it myself I find it highly unlikely Billy Packer would EVER compliment a non BCS conference.

the majerus factor.

I'm not 100% sure it was Raftery. But he had, what I thought, was a more easy going manner than Packer. The only one I'm sure of is that the other announcer was Lundquist who I've always liked.

It was Packer. I looked at Sportsline.com, and Packer and Lundquist called the game. The compliments on the A-10 came from Packer. Frankly, I was surprised to hear him say such things, but the A-10 is still primarily an east-coast league.

Umass had #15 Vandy on the rope before falling yesterday. The Twerps ran out big time on Charlotte in the Bobcats arena and then held on for dear life down the stretch as Charlotte closed a 21-point deficit to a four-point loss. Not bad for on the road and in a neutral site. Looks like Umass has a big three as well --- Gary Forbes and the starting back court went off for 69 of Umass' 88 total points. Richmond also took out Virginia Tech at home this past weekend or so and given our perchant for NOT palying on the road ---- that reaffirms my belief that a win there will be tough to come by. Can't wait to see the team in person in DC this week.

URI and Dayton are ranked. Xavier and Umass are playing well. No one's talking about St. Joes so they are lurking out there. Duquesne is doing well and Charlotte is competing. Mentioning us now puts us at eighth in the conference. Gonna be a dogfight.