Guy Philips Drinking Game

Box and Won

This is clearly going to be a trying season. Even our victories at home had been hard to watch before Saturday night's debacle against Sam Houston State.

As a coping mechanism, I'm trying to develop a Guy Philips drinking game for home games.

Here's what I have come up with so far:

Guy salutes the sixth man "The Blue Crew" and the Blue Crew doesn't cheer - drink

Guy insults someone during or after a promotion - drink

Guy makes a joke - drink

"Dwayne...Polk" - drink

"Player control foul" - drink

"Billiken defense!" - drink

"One minute left in the game/half" - drink

Guy tries to talk over the band - drink

Guy says "correction" - finish your beer

"I smell pasta" - finish your beer (this will most likely never happen)

Suggestions for additional rules are certainly welcome - this is a work in progress.

I realize that the playing of this drinking game will result in the severe inebriation of all participants, yet sometimes you gotta do what you can to survive. Just be sure to have a designated driver or Laclede Cab's phone number on hand.

This is clearly going to be a trying season. Even our victories at home had been hard to watch before Saturday night's debacle against Sam Houston State.

As a coping mechanism, I'm trying to develop a Guy Philips drinking game for home games.

Guy salutes the sixth man "The Blue Crew" and the Blue Crew doesn't cheer - drink

Guy makes a joke - drink

"Dwayne...Polk" - drink

Suggestions for additional rules are certainly welcome - this is a work in progress.

I realize that the playing of this drinking game will result in the severe inebriation of all participants, yet sometimes you gotta do what you can to survive. Just be sure to have a designated driver or Laclede Cab's phone number on hand.

Talking while our player is trying to shoot a freethrow- drink

you are much more disciplined than me as i find many causes to drink at our games

thank goodness there will be alcohol in the new bldg - i wonder at what prices??

how about if we use work-study hours for students to man the concession stands in order to lower the price of alcohol in the new bldg?

remember siuc tips, in one way, at 6.30 on sat

you are much more disciplined than me as i find many causes to drink at our games

thank goodness there will be alcohol in the new bldg - i wonder at what prices??

how about if we use work-study hours for students to man the concession stands in order to lower the price of alcohol in the new bldg?

remember siuc tips, in one way, at 6.30 on sat

That's another drink. Guy said it started at 7.

Guy makes a joke - drink

"Dwayne...Polk" - drink

I'd need a liver transplant by the time introductions were over.

any time he mispronounces a name on the other team, swig.

any time he mispronounces a name on the Bills, finish your beer.

any time he misses a substitution, two swigs.

any time he announces a foul incorrectly, swig.

any time that you believe he did something well, sit down, get some water, you've been playing this game for too long.