SIU`s next 2 games

BLIKNS

Are against my 2 favorite teams,St.Mary`s(undefeated SMC),and our beloved Bills!!

What`s that got to do with the price of tea in China?I don`t know just found it interesting.

St. Mary's is undefeated, with home wins over Oregon and Seton Hall and a semi-neutral (but more road) win in Anaheim over San Diego State. SMC has an outstanding freshman guard from Australia to go with a strong returning cast.

It will be interesting to see how SMC fares at SIU Arena in Carbondale. Last year, SMC lost a close one at home to SIU.

Mills is a VERY exciting player.Saw Greg Papa did the play by play for the Seton Hall game.

Thought I heard the announcers said during th Oregon game that he was on the Aussie national team.Is that correct?

Patrick Mills was at the Institute of Sport and invited to the Australian National team's training camp. There was a big article recently in the Contra Costa Times re Mills, who is a native Australian. His parents moved to the city, Canberra, and he attended a Catholic high school in Australia.

SMC also has the big near 7 footer, Omar Samhan, and a very good 6'7" forward in Diamon Simpson. Both are local kids. The SLU angle, of course, is that St. Mary's is still coached by former SLU Assistant Coach Randy Bennett.

I haven't been to a St. Mary's game yet this year, but some of my friends are talking about SMC hoops. The team just was ranked today #24 in both the AP and ESPN/USA Today coaches polls.

It is a good thing that the SMC team is good, but SMC's McKeon Pavilion is a glorified high school gym that seats only 3,500 with a wall at one end. Tickets are already getting tough to get. The old days of just showing up there may be over at least for a while.

It will be interesting to see how SMC fares tomorrow night in Carbondale against SIU. West Coast teams often have trouble when they leave the Pacific Time Zone. My prediction is that SIU will win.

All I know is we need to win this one. I'm tired of people at work that poke at me everyday about our boys.

Everytime they lose, they add an L to the Bills name. After the other day, the board reads BiLLLLLs.

All I know is we need to win this one. I'm tired of people at work that poke at me everyday about our boys.

Everytime they lose, they add an L to the Bills name. After the other day, the board reads BiLLLLLs.

Who are these people posting those L's? SIU hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire of late. SIU just got blown away at Charlotte from the A-10. Falker was held scoreless.

If St. Mary's was playing SIU in Moraga or on a neutral court, I would pick SMC because I think SMC has the better club. But in Carbondale, where anything goes on that court, where what we used to call Army or Marine Basketball is allowed, SIU will probably prevail. Hopefully, no Gael bones or flesh will be literally left on the floor. The Gaels, coming from the touch foul Left Coast, are not used to the stuff they'll be getting tomorrow night. On the other hand, Samhan is one big dude in the paint. Maybe some of the rough stuff will motivate him.

After all, a foul is a foul, except when it is a Saluki commiting it. Is mayhem a foul in Carbondale?

SIU defense= they can't call it on every play down the floor, so let's see how much we can get away with. That's what they call "tough defense."

And when SIU comes to Scottrade Center, here's hoping some zebras with whistles that they actually use will be reffing the game. In normal times, SIU is toast in STL; they may not want to admit it, but they know it. History has proven it time and time again. The bigger problem is whatever is happening these days with our own Billiken team. Do they have it in them to beat SIU?

Who are these people posting those L's? SIU hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire of late. SIU just got blown away at Charlotte from the A-10. Falker was held scoreless.

If St. Mary's was playing SIU in Moraga or on a neutral court, I would pick SMC because I think SMC has the better club. But in Carbondale, where anything goes on that court, where what we used to call Army or Marine Basketball is allowed, SIU will probably prevail. Hopefully, no Gael bones or flesh will be literally left on the floor. The Gaels, coming from the touch foul Left Coast, are not used to the stuff they'll be getting tomorrow night. On the other hand, Samhan is one big dude in the paint. Maybe some of the rough stuff will motivate him.

After all, a foul is a foul, except when it is a Saluki commiting it. Is mayhem a foul in Carbondale?

SIU defense= they can't call it on every play down the floor, so let's see how much we can get away with. That's what they call "tough defense."

And when SIU comes to Scottrade Center, here's hoping some zebras with whistles that they actually use will be reffing the game. In normal times, SIU is toast in STL; they may not want to admit it, but they know it. History has proven it time and time again. The bigger problem is whatever is happening these days with our own Billiken team. Do they have it in them to beat SIU?

Anyone check out the saluki board recently? There is a thread similar to the meltdown status here. "Lowery is a terrible coach. Motion offense sucks. Falker is overrated. All we will ever be is a mid-major and its time to accept that" - See a few losses sends everyone in a tizzy, not just SLU fans.

Anyone check out the saluki board recently? There is a thread similar to the meltdown status here. "Lowery is a terrible coach. Motion offense sucks. Falker is overrated. All we will ever be is a mid-major and its time to accept that" - See a few losses sends everyone in a tizzy, not just SLU fans.

Some of the Illini boards have been just as entertaining after they blew the Arizona game.