Class of 2010

Roy this guy is an MU fan. It isn't even worth the effort.

I agree with hoops. HAVE you seen Lisch. I mean what kind of player can only average 10 points a game in his freshman year while shhoting over 40% from 3 and 80% from the stripe. Never mind the fact that he was an all- A-10 defender and is close to 1000 points in his career. We have to remeber that he doesnt dunk which means he must be a bum. If we played anthony mitchell or even Mike Jones (who? just kidding) we would be in the final four.

If you havent noticed that was sarcasm. Take a hike!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with hoops. HAVE you seen Lisch. I mean what kind of player can only average 10 points a game in his freshman year while shhoting over 40% from 3 and 80% from the stripe. Never mind the fact that he was an all- A-10 defender and is close to 1000 points in his career. We have to remeber that he doesnt dunk which means he must be a bum. If we played anthony mitchell or even Mike Jones (who? just kidding) we would be in the final four.

If you havent noticed that was sarcasm. Take a hike!

Great ! I can't wait until KL and LM takes SLU to the NCAA Tournament this year. I'm sure the NBA scouts are drooling over KL. Oh, I sure hope they don't forget to take a look at TL. Maybe KL and LM are potential 1st round picks ? I sure hate that TL doesn't have the talent that KL and LM has. The NBA is full of fundamentally sound players and not enough athletes. lol

Great ! I can't wait until KL and LM takes SLU to the NCAA Tournament this year. I'm sure the NBA scouts are drooling over KL. Oh, I sure hope they don't forget to take a look at TL. Maybe KL and LM are potential 1st round picks ? I sure hate that TL doesn't have the talent that KL and LM has. The NBA is full of fundamentally sound players and not enough athletes. lol

so are you saying that if they truly were division one players (because you dont think they are any better than a middle of the road naia player) they would get drafted?

so that means that all the eastern illinois and long beach state guards will since they are division one?

or are you saying that what you really meant was that lisch and liddell arent first round draft pick stock yet? because if that is what you really meant instead of your dumba$$ "they arent d1 players" statement, i would be shocked if anyone would disagree with that. the nba has only 30 teams, so there are only 30 players worldwide that get to be number one draft picks. half of them are men from europe. and half of the rest are 7 footers with potential that leaves about 7 college guards a year that make that first round pick status. so if you are saying that lisch and liddell arent top 7 guards in all of division one basketball this year. i will agree with that.

so are you saying that if they truly were division one players (because you dont think they are any better than a middle of the road naia player) they would get drafted?

so that means that all the eastern illinois and long beach state guards will since they are division one?

or are you saying that what you really meant was that lisch and liddell arent first round draft pick stock yet? because if that is what you really meant instead of your dumba$$ "they arent d1 players" statement, i would be shocked if anyone would disagree with that. the nba has only 30 teams, so there are only 30 players worldwide that get to be number one draft picks. half of them are men from europe. and half of the rest are 7 footers with potential that leaves about 7 college guards a year that make that first round pick status. so if you are saying that lisch and liddell arent top 7 guards in all of division one basketball this year. i will agree with that.

I can't believe you are giving this guy the time of day Roy. He's an idiot.

BillikenRoy,

I have read several of your posts and I think that you know the game. Let's be serious ! There is no way that Lisch and Meyer should even be playing DI basketball. You can speak on fundamentals all you want, but those two players are not going to help you win basketball games on the DI level. RM has to realize that the game has changed . For RM to have Mitchell and Relporde sit because they lack fundamentals and SLU is getting beat by 40 by subpar teams is simply crazy !

Athleticism means everything if you want to win !!!! Maybe Reed and John made the wrong decesions by signing with SLU.

It appears to me that RM would rather lose with players that should be at NAIA schools, rather than playing athletic players that can help him win. Future recruits are taking note of this. You simply can't win without athletes !!!! I see why Lorenzo Romar left. Suggs made the correct decesion for sure !

"your" a dummy head! what a STUPID BASTARD. (name calling)

I cant speak for roy but this guy has given me some laughs for today.

NH,

I'm really glad that I gave you something to laugh about. Oh, did you read the Post this morning ? RM is basically saying that none of the current players are his and it's basically a done deal for them next year. Yes, KL and TL too. RM is telling you that he would not have recruited any of them. Maybe KL will transfer to Kansas next year and start for them following year. Maybe LM will transfer to Memphis and start for them as well !

Sorry, you can't make over-the-top generalizations and make them stick. St. Louis fans, and I'm talking the causal fan, the walk-up ticket buyers, are nothing if not fickle and front runners. If you are judging the success of this program by our filling up an NBA/NHL arena with these casual fans, your metrics are decidely out of whack. I actually believe that Lisch and Meyer on a team would make the players around them better more so than the other way around. I think Luke and Kevin's intangible qualities on the court would serve the collective team better than the collective team support to them would be. I can't defend that in any tangible or argumentative way but then again, neither can you with your statements. So I'm fighting fire with fire here.

Oklahoma City does get a lot D1 transfers, but Lisch would start for them Oklahoma City recently had Lorenzo Gordon from Illinois State lead them to the National Final Four in 2006 averaging about 20 and 10 and earning all kinds on honors. For those who want to see Oklahoma City for themselves, they will be here on December 30th to play Harris-Stowe. 4pm tip off.

STLInsider,

No, Lisch could not start for Oklahoma City, but he could for Harris Stowe. I don't see why Oklahoma City is even playing Harris Stowe. That won't be a fun game to watch !

STLInsider,

No, Lisch could not start for Oklahoma City, but he could for Harris Stowe. I don't see why Oklahoma City is even playing Harris Stowe. That won't be a fun game to watch !

I think it will be a fun game to watch. You probably didn't think Harris-Stowe would be a D2 like UM Rolla by 15pts without their starting pf 6'8 Phil Stewart either, did you? Crichton has been ranked right up there with Oklahoma City all year and they only beat Harris-Stowe by 9pts at home and now they have to come to Harris-Stowe to play. Come to the game hoops88, I'll be there man, we can banter then.

I think it will be a fun game to watch. You probably didn't think Harris-Stowe would be a D2 like UM Rolla by 15pts without their starting pf 6'8 Phil Stewart either, did you? Crichton has been ranked right up there with Oklahoma City all year and they only beat Harris-Stowe by 9pts at home and now they have to come to Harris-Stowe to play. Come to the game hoops88, I'll be there man, we can banter then.

STLInsider,

Has Harris Stowe had a season in which they've won 10 games or more in the last 20 years ? I've never heard of Phil Stewart. If he is such a good player than why is at Harris Stowe ?

I hope that you are not going to say he is a DI player too ! Harris Stowe will never be a powerhouse in college basketball because the school won't put money into the program.

STLInsider,

Has Harris Stowe had a season in which they've won 10 games or more in the last 20 years ? I've never heard of Phil Stewart. If he is such a good player than why is at Harris Stowe ?

I hope that you are not going to say he is a DI player too ! Harris Stowe will never be a powerhouse in college basketball because the school won't put money into the program.

Finally, we have some talk about Harris Stowe on the board. It's about time!

Finally, we have some talk about Harris Stowe on the board. It's about time!

shhhhhh if v successfully distracts this new clown it will undoubtedly be v's greatest board contribution and i would nominate v for sainthood.

STLInsider,

All I'm saying is that they beat a D2 school by 15 and didn't have their best player, so they cant be that bad.

All I'm saying is that they beat a D2 school by 15 and didn't have their best player, so they cant be that bad.

STLInsider,

Have they had a season in the last 20 years where they've won 10 or more games ? I think that's a fair question. Them beating Rolla is not that big of a deal ! I don't think too many of the top high school players in STL have Harris Stowe on

their list of potential schools !

STLInsider,

Have they had a season in the last 20 years where they've won 10 or more games ? I think that's a fair question. Them beating Rolla is not that big of a deal ! I don't think too many of the top high school players in STL have Harris Stowe on

their list of potential schools !

To answer your question, I'm honestly not sure. How many top high school players have Oklahoma City on their list? I would think the top guys would be looking at OU first, then OSU. I know Oklahoma City is a fine NAIA program and I think it will be a fun game to watch. You said it wouldnt. Lets agree to disagree and that be the end of it. No reason this thread to turn into a bash Harris-Stowe or bash Oklahoma City thread. It was actually about class of 2010.

To answer your question, I'm honestly not sure. How many top high school players have Oklahoma City on their list? I would think the top guys would be looking at OU first, then OSU. I know Oklahoma City is a fine NAIA program and I think it will be a fun game to watch. You said it wouldnt. Lets agree to disagree and that be the end of it. No reason this thread to turn into a bash Harris-Stowe or bash Oklahoma City thread. It was actually about class of 2010.

STL Insider,

You can't bash Oklahoma City because they have 2 National Championships in the last three years. I agree, it's not even worth the time to mention Harris Stowe Basketball at all ! Probably the worse college program in the state of Missouri !!!

So you are saying you have to

a) go to the NBA

and

b)go to the NCAA tournament to be a good player. In that case the bills have had what 10 good players in their history.

NH,

I'm really glad that I gave you something to laugh about. Oh, did you read the Post this morning ? RM is basically saying that none of the current players are his and it's basically a done deal for them next year. Yes, KL and TL too. RM is telling you that he would not have recruited any of them. Maybe KL will transfer to Kansas next year and start for them following year. Maybe LM will transfer to Memphis and start for them as well !

so we will have 12 new players coming in next year to replace all of our transfers?

• 2 weeks later...