TV for the Pitt Game

Box and Won

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed Flannery's to see if they carried FSN Pitt and they never responded. I will call this afternoon. Sports Zone in Shrewsberry is another option I would throw out there.

i have never recovered from the shabby treatment we got at the sports zone when we watched a marquette game there a few years back (the mysterious josh fisher 5 second call).

hearded into a too small area, no sound, poor service for drinks. i would think we could do better.

i have never recovered from the shabby treatment we got at the sports zone when we watched a marquette game there a few years back (the mysterious josh fisher 5 second call).

hearded into a too small area, no sound, poor service for drinks. i would think we could do better.

If you havent been there lately they have completely redone the whole inside and its more spread out and has more tvs. The game is on a sunday so we might have to fight with the football crowd. Flannery's is my first choice. Also when I went up there to watch the SLU vs Loyola game last year they were more then accomedating, they even put the sound on the speakers. A lot of SLU fans there actually.

If you havent been there lately they have completely redone the whole inside and its more spread out and has more tvs. The game is on a sunday so we might have to fight with the football crowd. Flannery's is my first choice. Also when I went up there to watch the SLU vs Loyola game last year they were more then accomedating, they even put the sound on the speakers. A lot of SLU fans there actually.

that was the problem for that marquette game. damn football all over the place. wouldnt have been so bad but most tv's had the same games on that is what p!ssed me off. different if every tv had a different game on or something.

that was the problem for that marquette game. damn football all over the place. wouldnt have been so bad but most tv's had the same games on that is what p!ssed me off. different if every tv had a different game on or something.

On a Sunday ... it doesn't matter where you go, Football will take precedence. I will admit that it wasn't the best for the game we did at Sportszone. but I have watched probably 20 games there and have always been treated well. They will put the Bills game on a decent TV if you ask, but I would be shocked if you will get sound anywhere. They used to have a small room you could rent (I don't know the cost or if they still have it after the remodel) and get sound. You control your own big screen. I know the guy who owns Afton Sports Cafe on Gravois and if they have Satelite (I think they do) I could possibly get sound if I could promise him enough business. Who would be going for sure if I could set it up

Isn't the game supposed to be carried by "ESPN Regional"? Usually Charter will pick up those broadcasts - if they do, I'll watch at home.

SportsZone might be a little crazy with football, although by the time we start, only the afternoon games will be underway. Might be good if we could get the private room.

I generally favor Flannery's. I wonder if we could work out a deal with them to reserve us a few tables near whichever TV(s) will be showing our game.

BTW, what about that place Peppers on Gravois - I've never been there, but it's supposedly a SLU bar.

And will Humphrey's have it since it's going to be on satellite?

The old owners of Peppers were big SLU supporters but they sold it about a year or two ago. Not sure about who owns it now so. I will call Flannery's and see what they say about sunday.

i wonder why our athletic dept doesnt try to set up the game sunday in a room on campus as a fund raiser/chance to recruit billiken club members. seems like an easy sell and boosters and prospective boosters would come in full force for that game. especially considering the town has given up on the rams now.

Also, just to get in my yearly dig at SLU's multimedia strategy, I haven't seen ANYTHING about webcasts. According to some of the stuff on the A-10 board, Duquesne has EVERY home game video streaming, Dayton will be streaming home games, Charlotte streams them through yahoo, UMASS streams just about every home game, and last, but not least, Richmond.

These guys can figure out how to show games to out of towners, but SLU's stuck in the 80's. And I seriously considered changing my major to MIS at while SLU. If this univiserity can't even figure out how to stream video, i'm sure glad i stuck with engineering...

i wonder why our athletic dept doesnt try to set up the game sunday in a room on campus as a fund raiser/chance to recruit billiken club members. seems like an easy sell and boosters and prospective boosters would come in full force for that game. especially considering the town has given up on the rams now.

God forbid if the athletic department did anything to expand fanbase. I think thats a great idea Roy, then again if it costs SLU money it aint gonna happen

Also, just to get in my yearly dig at SLU's multimedia strategy, I haven't seen ANYTHING about webcasts. According to some of the stuff on the A-10 board, Duquesne has EVERY home game video streaming, Dayton will be streaming home games, Charlotte streams them through yahoo, UMASS streams just about every home game, and last, but not least, Richmond.

These guys can figure out how to show games to out of towners, but SLU's stuck in the 80's. And I seriously considered changing my major to MIS at SLU. If this univiserity can't even figure out how to stream video, i'm sure glad i stuck with engineering...

i am sure knowledge isnt the problem. budgets. grrrrrrr.

I suggested that to them last year, but got no response.

i am sure knowledge isnt the problem. budgets. grrrrrrr.

Budgets? Not buying that for a second, Roy. Maybe we should dig out that web page that lists budgets again, but I'm sure the Dukes and Spiders are dwarfed by our budget. And we can't use the Majerus signing as an excuse either....we couldn't get it under the middle school budget supplied to Soderberg either. And just my guess, but I would think CSTV could provide it for a minimum fee to SLU itself. It makes its money off of my subscribing to the service.

(and i agree that knowledge isn't really the problem. That comment was more to show my frustration with our lack of progressive thinking)

These guys can figure out how to show games to out of towners, but SLU's stuck in the 80's. And I seriously considered changing my major to MIS at while SLU. If this univiserity can't even figure out how to stream video, i'm sure glad i stuck with engineering...

Nashville, if you our looking for a webcast of the game I believe SLU will have it available for the Pitt game at least. It is available through Pitt CSTV All-Access. I would think it would for us too.

According to SLUBillikens.com the game will be on espn360.com.

Never used ESPN360. I assume that they stream the game through the website? I guess that is better than nothing. Really sucks that the Mizzou / UMSL game was on Fox and we can't even see the Bills play a top ranked team!

Never used ESPN360. I assume that they stream the game through the website? I guess that is better than nothing. Really sucks that the Mizzou / UMSL game was on Fox and we can't even see the Bills play a top ranked team!

Don't get too excited about using 360. I just found out my internet provider (comcast) doesn't carry it. I just had to laugh.

http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn360/index_nonaff#1

The game is on the ESPN Full Court Package: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teamsched?teamId=139

This is because the game is carried on FSN Pittsburgh

Therefore, you can watch the game at any sportsbar, IE Sportszone, or from the comfort of your own home if you have the Direct TV FSN package with all of the regional FSN channels.

I'm sure there will be a large contingent of Bills fans at Sportszone as there was last season when the Bills were on the full court package vs. Loyola Chicago.