Game thoughts

SEMO went through a coaching change his jr year. Paradoski had basically started every game for them his first two seasons, he got hurt his 3rd, came back but in the meantime had been replaced in the starting lineup and he wasn't able to get his spot back. He went to UMSL to get more playing time.

Thanks, I think he will be a very good player at UMSL. They look to me like they should be a good team in their league.

Thanks, I think he will be a very good player at UMSL. They look to me like they should be a good team in their league.

I agree. I would think that Frazier will have a big year for them. Whittaker didn't seem to do much, and I remember him having a monster career at Sullivan.

Nice work by the band last night. Not one, but TWO Billy Squier songs! I hope they make "The Stroke" part of their regular repertoire. :lol:

My thoughts, BE is going to be good. Big with good ball skills and a real swagger. We got solid minutes off of the bench and the freshman looked solid. tommie needs to find his rhythm in order for his team to get going. Eckerle gave good minutes off the bench. II would go with a starting lineup of TL, KL, LM, BE, and AK. Polk is solid but seems to rush his shot. Also, it looked like tommie was pushing the ball.

I agree. I would think that Frazier will have a big year for them. Whittaker didn't seem to do much, and I remember him having a monster career at Sullivan.

Nice work by the band last night. Not one, but TWO Billy Squier songs! I hope they make "The Stroke" part of their regular repertoire. :lol:

Whittaker started as a freshman for UMSL two years ago at pg. I dont know why his playing time is decreased. I believe he lead the STL area in scoring in 2005 with over 30ppg. I hope he gets back on track.

Guest BillikenReport

Whittaker started as a freshman for UMSL two years ago at pg. I dont know why his playing time is decreased.

It might be because a Division I point guard transferred there.

My biggest disappointment last night was Dwayne Polk. After four years, he still can't shoot, still looks and plays undersized, still doesn't steal the ball like a 5'9" guard needs to, and still doesn't look like he knows what he wants to do in transition. I was a BIG fan of his coming into SLU, but each year I find myself a little more disappointed. I do respect his coachability and effort, but to date it just hasn't produced the results I hoped and expected.

It might be because a Division I point guard transferred there.

I'm not talking about the exhibition game. Even last year, he wasnt getting the time he got as a freshman. A preseason game is not indicative of playing time for the whole season and starting lineups are not set. I wholeheartedly believe Tommie Liddell will start for the Billikens this season. Also, Whittaker can defintely play sg, as his lofty high school numbers would suggest.

Guest BillikenReport

A preseason game is not indicative of playing time for the whole season and starting lineups are not set.

If you are Division II UMSL and playing Division I SLU in an exhibition game, you better start your best five players.