New Rivals Article-Brett Thompson

vtime said,

"He's a productive hustle player, but not a monster and his pro potential is considered very limited."

vtime you need to stop. you are really sounding ridiculous.

hansborough is every pro team's dream support player at the very least. you dont see him as at least the equal of an anderson verejao for cleveland? verejao was an early 2nd round pick.

In response to your other post, we saw how great Big Baby was this year when he lost Tyrus Thomas and the two Mitchells. LSU was not better than SLU this past season.

I just don't understand why people feel the need to rip on TH. I'll go back to my original post that back in highschool everyone said he wouldn't be a good college player because he wasn't athletic enough. WRONG. Now people say he won't be a good NBA player because he isn't athletic enough. Only time will tell but I'd bet those same ones will be wrong.

If David Lee can be one of the top rebounders in the league because he hustles TH can do the exact same thing.

if the point the tyler naysayers are trying to make is that tyler might not end up in the hall of fame, fine.

but if anyone is seriously trying to say tyler hansborough (assuming no injury) wont contribute for an nba team. i think that is crazy.

you see the likes of verejao, or bruce bowen, or even just think of that stiff playing center at utah getting huge minutes and i am amazed you dont see hansborough as at least the equal talentwise.

if tyler hansborough would add 3 point range or out court ball skills to his game he would be a lottery pick and maybe be destined for springfield.

All I said is that Brett Thompson should never be compared to a guy that has accomplished what Hansbrough has done. He was a top ten player and Brett is a top 100 player. Hansbrough may not be a great pro but he will make a lot of money and be on a team. all I am saying you should compare Brett to Ian instead of Tyler

I wonder how he gets in those wide open spots. I wonder if people just move out of his way for rebounds like they did for Ian. Ian was the same, he never got a real board in his entire SLU career.

Hmmm V it seems most the people you think got protected are white.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

tiger said,

"I have seen Brett play numerous times this summer and he is a nice player. He plays on a terrible AAU team and he isnt a great athlete."

i am asking i dont know. i thought that the illinois warriors, which is run by larry butler, was the preferred team of chicago area players? i find it hard to believe they are terrible. but i admit i dont know.

I get tired of seeing this kind of cr*p from MU fans and SIU fans. Listen, BT doesn't need to be DL or TH to be a very successful player. If we end up landing Suggs I can't wait to hear all the MU and SIU fans whine that he wasn't very good after all, he didn't fit their system, and he was their plan B player. This stuff is getting old quickly.

>In response to your other post, we saw how great Big Baby

>was this year when he lost Tyrus Thomas and the two

>Mitchells. LSU was not better than SLU this past season.

>

>I just don't understand why people feel the need to rip on

>TH. I'll go back to my original post that back in highschool

>everyone said he wouldn't be a good college player because

>he wasn't athletic enough. WRONG. Now people say he won't be

>a good NBA player because he isn't athletic enough. Only

>time will tell but I'd bet those same ones will be wrong.

>

>If David Lee can be one of the top rebounders in the league

>because he hustles TH can do the exact same thing.

David Lee is incredibly athletic. He's agile. David Lee is a freak of an athlete.

> I wonder how he gets in those wide open spots. I wonder if

>people just move out of his way for rebounds like they did

>for Ian. Ian was the same, he never got a real board in his

>entire SLU career.

>

>Hmmm V it seems most the people you think got protected are

>white.

>

>

> Official Billikens.com sponsor of H

>Waldman

>

>Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would

>have helped club

I only named 6 guys. 4 white. That's a coincidence. Let me even it out for you. Shelden Williams got protected. He always got away with hammering a guy because he was supposed to be some great defender and then he got touch fouls in his favor at the other end that helped his poor offense look way more respectable than it really was. Trajan Langdon was protected and I knew he wouldnt be able to get his shot off in the league without the refs helping. AJ Guyton, same thing.

I think you can ask Nashville Billiken he was at the games in Nashville. I thought Brett was by far the best player on his team and I thought the Saint Louis team they played had 4 guys as good as Brett and was a much better team. They were up 20 when I left to watch another game