Recruiting Targets

I was wondering if someone could give me a quick summary of the guys we are targeting for next years class. There have been a lot of names mentioned and a lot of guys have taken visits recently, I was just wondering if someone who has been keeping track could give a quick overview. It does not appear that Nate's site has updated the prospects.

Guest BillikenReport

Sources have told BillikenReport.com that the following recruits have made unofficial visits to Saint Louis in recent weeks: Washington (Mo.) junior combo guard Scott Suggs, Lafayette High sophomore forward Tyler Griffey, McCluer North High junior shooting guard Femi John, Gateway Tech High junior forward Jesse Perry, Washington (Ill.) Community High junior guard Matt Roth, Bishop Miege (Kansas City, Kan.) junior power forward Willie Reed, Washington (Kansas City, Kan.) junior guard Marcus Butler and Hickman Mills (Mo.) High junior point guard Rafael Brown.

Whitefish Bay (Wis.) Dominican junior point guard Kwamain Mitchell is visiting today.

There are other juniors who will probably come in to visit, including Truman (Mo.) big man Steve Moore, but this is basically the list of who the team is recruiting from the junior class — and Griffey from the sophomore class.

Nate

That looks like 9 guys who are currently juniors. 5 schollies left to give, counting Thompson as one given and assuming no more used this summer.

Not listed is Brandenburg. Can we say he is no longer being recruited?

My guess is there are others, but clearly if any of these guys really wants to come to SLU, they ought to make the decision and announce. My guess is we will be hearing of several more announcing for SLU in the coming few weeks.

Thanks guys, this is exactly the type of information that I was looking for.

I had a friend of mine who follows high school basketball far closer than I do now tell me last summer to keep an eye out for Steve Moore that he had seen him a few times and was very impressed with his game and that he thought he would fit in nicely at SLU. I want to say he saw him play for an AAU team out of KC?

Nate, what do you think of Femi John? I have not seen play too recently, but had never been real impressed by him before. I was always a fan of his teammate Roundtree though.

What kind of prospect is Brandon Lockhart considered? I saw him as a freshman and thought he showed flashes, but did not have a chance to see him this past season.

Guest BillikenReport

>Nate, what do you think of Femi John? I have not seen play

>too recently, but had never been real impressed by him

>before. I was always a fan of his teammate Roundtree

>though.

He looks like he could be a nice player at the next level. I'd like to see him — and every other high school basketball player in the country — find more consistency with his jump shot.

He's a good athlete with good, but not great, size for the college game.

- Nate