OT: Fun reading on Wikipedia about CBC

My old school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cbc_high_school

"The school with its new campus switched to a paperless system. Every student is issued a laptop once they enroll. The school, formerly having a rigorous academic system, has fallen flag due to all the students e-mailing homework to eachother.[citation needed]"

"In 1998, the CBC Board of Directors announced that the school would once again relocate to a new campus in west St. Louis County, eight miles west of the Clayton campus. The property is located at the northwest corner at the intersection of US-40 and I-270. The first academic year at the current campus was 2003-2004. At there new location they could better cater to richer students of West St. Louis County leaving the poorer city of St. Louis students to fend for themselves and drive to suburbs every morning. The school has admitted to saying that they only went to West County for the smart boards and laptops."

"In January 2006, CBC announced plans to begin random drug testing of all of their students. Most of the kids take steriods, but still end up smaller than most of the eighth graders that apply to their school. The school would be the first private school in the St. Louis area to implement such testing, and the proposal received widespread press coverage. It is now official that CBC will begin drug testing in the 2007-2008 academic year."

"Dan Darst, Teacher of CMI at CBC. People who become friends with him usually die. No joke."

"Terry Michler, CBC head soccer coach, fattest high school soccer coach in the United States, 1985 and 2004 National Coach of the Year, is so fat he has to take a car out on the track t ogo to the bench. "

For some reason I just started sniggering uncontrollably at the end of that. I love when people hijack Wikipedia articles, as long as they leave the good stuff intact.

I forget who it was, actually might have been Izzy, but I know at some point last year a Cards relief pitcher's article referred to him as historically being a "fat, lazy #####." <<<--- EDIT: that's supposed to say S H I T.

This school was in the news after a student got shot by a cannon at a football game. The kid then recieved death threats because people were pissed off that they were going to stop shooting the cannon. The kids who did this from the rival school were great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=95552782

Holy c rap. I was choking on my laughter at that, like hiccuping puke sounds.

Ethinic:

White: 90.6%

Sheep or Goat/Human hybrid: 6%

Asian or Pacific Islander: 0.9%

Hispanic: 0.9%

African-American: 0.8%

American Indian: 0.6%

Mouthbreathers: 78%

Knuckle-draggers: 98%

Every time I read a new hack on that page I have to clamp my mouth shut.

The last "Club and Activity" is probably my favorite.

Under Traditions: "A new tradition was started on October 6th 2006, deemed "ROTC target practice." The school's ceremonial cannon lets loose a volley at a random ROTC student's leg. Afterwards, the town's fine citizens spread cheer and wish him the gift of symmetry, threatening to blow off his other leg too if he raises a fuss about it. This new tradition has been met with the community’s full support.

The Target Practice Parade is in the process of being planned to commemorate the October 6th incident. This parade will feature burning effigies of the student, his leg, and his family. The parade will throw out KY jelly to the children, and incorporate a hundred goat processional. It is yet to be announced when the parade will take place.

"

"Total Students: 1946.75 (2006, after cannon incident)"

Under State Championships Won: "1989 Boys Autoerotic Asphyxiation" and "Snohomish High School has been runner up to the state champions 1 million times"

Under Music: "Band members may elect to perform in the extra-curricular marching/pep band. During fall the band performs at football games, and at basketball games during the months of winter and early spring. However, in recent years a waning interest amongst trombone players has led to a small, surly trombone section at basketball games."

Under Clubs and Activities: "Debate Club meh, not so much.", "Aggravated Sodomy Club", "NAMBLA, PNW Regional Chapter", "Goat Wooing Club - Practices and competes with communities around the country in the art and science of traditional goat wooing. The categories include: Technology, Music, Tradition, Surprise, and Demeanor.", "SWAC - School Wide Annual Club (meets semi-annualy)", and "Future Problem Solvers Club - Club has been disbanded for failure to solve any problems".