Kwamain Mitchell

We can't read the article, BUT man it looks like he has enormous hands for a guy who is only 6' tall. I'd like to point out that this is the type of guy that many on this Board would be negative about based on who I read is recruiting him. (in another thread)

I am. I forgot it was a premium article. Here it is ...

By Mark Miller

Wishoops.net Editor

The recruitment of Whitefish Bay Dominican junior Kwamain Mitchell continues to gain momentum after he turned in a very strong performance last weekend at the Howard Pulley Tournament in Bloomington, Minnesota.

The 6-foot-0 Mitchell, currently ranked No. 2 among state prospects in the class of 2008 by Wishoops.net, played exceptionally well in leading the Wisconsin Playground Warriors 17U team to a spot in the semifinals of the Pulley Tournament.

In a head-to-head matchup against University of Wisconsin recruit Jordan Taylor, a 6-1 point guard from Benilde-St. Margaret’s High School in St. Louis Park, Minn., Mitchell finished with 24 points and eight assists. However, Taylor’s Howard Pulley team managed a 60-57 victory and then went on to capture the tournament championship.

“Kwamain was very impressive throughout the entire tournament, but especially against Taylor and Howard Pulley,†said Ryan James, a writer for Gopher Illustrated who watched Mitchell several times last weekend. “He did an excellent job of playing defense on Taylor, and he got by him repeatedly with his quickness. I was very impressed with Mitchell. He seems to have another gear in terms of getting past people.â€

Mitchell received a scholarship offer late last week from new Saint Louis University coach Rick Majerus, and he may opt to visit the Atlantic Ten Conference school as early as this weekend. Loyola of Chicago and the University of Northern Iowa also remain in the thick of the recruiting race for Mitchell.

Rick and Porter have good connections in Wisconsin, but truth be told, it will be difficult for Saint Louis to get a player out of the state that is also wanted by Marquette and/or Wisconsin.

In Kwamain's case, UW took Taylor and in Marquette's case, they are looking for a guard with a bit more size (Iman Shumpert, for example).

No one of any real or implied significance/impact with regard to Billiken hoops. It's simply what a long-time friend who recently moved close to us started calling me to differentiate me from the other "Dave's" in her life. And, from those humble beginnings a new and improved screen name was born...

Thanks for the reply. It certainly maskes sense that UW and/or Marquette will be ultra-difficult to beat for those kids that they really set their minds to wanting. However, it's good to know that the connections are there to get a foot in the door and have a shot. Not to mention that there is no harm in "settling" for the third-best player in any given year from a state that seems to be pretty consistently talent-laden.

Cowboy,

I forgot to mention, I have thought for a long time that your sig line was absolutely spot-on perfect. Like you, I hope that you will be forced to change it. The last few weeks certainly bode well in that regard. Alas, it is learned behavior for any Bills fan to be wary whenever things seem to be trending up and we are in or fast-approaching unchartered waters with to our "trending up-ness."