Road Practices

Iggy

dont you think by this time in the season that there really arent any secrets? with video tapes and coaches readily sharing information amongst each other, nothing is secret.

they would not be running through stuff like that before a game workout. besides, i have never seen brad use gimmick/one time plays, or do much to alter their on the floor play. he is actually pretty vanilla in the way he approaches each game. here it is, i am going to out work you with defense and hustle. we will play a man to man on defense and we will set enough picks to make your players bruise on offense. what else is there?

i pretty much agree with stlblazer. after watching coach williams perfect imitation of the ole nolan richardson "40 minutes of hell" last year at the tourney, my guess is that coach brad is screaming,

"we got to take care of the ball. if you turn it over 12 times in a half against these greyhounds they will run it down your throat."

then he yells,

"we got to get back on defense or they will run you out of the arena and beat us on layups."

last he lectures frericks,

"tom you got to stay in the game. dont let your emotions in this game get in the way of what is going on."

those three things happen, we will win this game. that said, my guess is that all three things wont happen. they are extremely good athletes. maybe the best in the league. they just dont have the size of louisville and cincy.

It also seems that against certain teams or players ... our forwards don't go after the rebound ... they concentrate soley on keeping their man off the board and the guards go after the ball. I've noticed this numerous times and think it is a brilliant strategy if it is in fact true. For example if Chris is guarding a bigger guy ... he is better off just keeping him off the ball rather than try to keep him off and go for the ball. I think Chris's rebounding totals reflect this also.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman