Houston, we do have a problem

slu72

Tommie and Dwayne can both play the point.

I haven't seen Tommie enough to predict how he will transition to college ball, but Dwayne is experienced enough, skilled enough, and smart enough to start at the point for SLU from day 1. He will initially make a lot more mistakes than Fisher, but he can also penetrate and shoot that ball better than Fisher.

I am not worried at all about our backcourt next season. I am, however, scared to death that we may not have a single player on our roster next season who has proven that he can effectively guard a quick and strong power forward. When Sloan and Varner graduate, we will have three centers and one unproven power forward in JJ.

I think we can now see the wisdom of Brad giving a scholarship to Brandon Morris ... too bad it didn't work out. It will mean Dwayne Polk gets PT much earlier. Considering that Reggie handles the ball very well at the 2 (and when Luke Meyer or Tommie Liddell is at 3 you got yet another guy on the court who can handle the ball), I think we wil be fine. But it's simultaneously too early and too late to worry about it. We have bigger problems at the 4 with only one scholarship left to give and there are plenty of games to worry about this season before stressing over next year.