Tom T update

BillsWin

Have to believe Majerus was contacted so the fact that the administration is throwing cold water on this rumor leads me to believe the chances of signing Majerus are slim and none at this point. But it's like the Vatican electing a new pope over there on Lindell. They're hunkered down and no smoke is coming out of the chimney.

i would take tom t's words to mean that the intial conversations havent went as well as all would hope. my guess is that biondi got hit with sticker shock.

One would assume Biondi would have known RM's market value before he ever made a call. I'd like to drive a Lamborghini, but I'm not going to waste time window shopping. I wonder what RM's salary demands would be? Plus $750k? Would also figure he told Fr. Larry he'd have to up the budget by a mil or so. All of which could have sent him into an apoleptic fit.

i disagree. i will tell you this. i would bet that this season i saw biondi at less games than i have seen him at in all the years that he has been president. and i look for him every game. so unless he has recently taken up game residence in a luxury booth, he hasnt been following as close as previous years imo.

this is about appeasing boosters. whether it is chaifetz or someone else, biondi is reacting to high rollers that didnt like brad.

for the last 10 minutes, the morning grind on kfns has been discussing the situation. while timmermann swears no contact has been made with majerus, rapid robert is emphatically swearing the chicago meeting happened. i have never heard rapid bob ever even care let alone be that solid about slu matters since he has been in town.

my read a meeting happened.

Roy, Biondi knows what the salaries are and the specifics on that. He may have thought Rick may have settled for less or may not have thought about what RM would want his assistants to be paid, but he knows about salaries. He even commented years ago when Marquette signed Crean's contract. Other specifics, you may be right. But salaries, he has an idea.

not talking about just salaries.

i am betting majerus is hitting him with what i have been preaching for the last 4 months. not just his salary, but the full package. i.e. being a real big time program. he wants the assistants. he wants the no messing around expense budget. he wants the full support athletic dept not the crisis management bare bones athletic dept.

when you start adding it up, biondi is staggered.

i am betting slu wont bite.

we will start over.......again.

As i posted earlier, I think what you are seeing from SLU now is a tampering down of the expectations and them protecting the program's biggest donor. They do not want to put Chaifetz in a bad light. If everything doesn't work out they don't want a disappointed fan base and don't want that fan base pissed at the program's biggest donor.

I think Cheryl knows all the above. And while Biondi may have made this decision I would bet Cheryl and Biondi talked about what it would take to bring in a big name Coach well before any of this happened.

I am remaining optimistic we will not start over. The new arena next year puts us a level ahead of where we were prior to any of the last Coaches being hired.