What I think

brianstl

If a big splashy coach is not hired and announced by tomorrow, somebody from the university at least needs to talk to the media on background to clear up some of the rampant speculation. It is not what being said here that is disturbing, but what is being said in the local and now national media that is damaging to the program.

People need to lay off Chaifetz, any other current big donors, and any other unknown new donor that might be behind this. We need these people for the long-term health and success of the program. When you donate huge amounts of money to the program you get a say in how the program is run and rightfully so.

While we may have a problem with timing and actions since the firing, Brad is the one that made it possible. A few more wins or a few more recruits in the bag this wouldn't have happened.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Biondi deserves every bit of the crapp he is getting now. He is the one ultimately responsible for the firing and everything that has occurred since the firing. The lack of the press conference is just inexcusable. Maybe they have nothing to add outside of the press release, but big-time programs and big time leaders face the heat when a decision like this is made. The lack of the press conference makes it look like they are hiding something and allows rampant speculation to spread.

maybe they are hiding something that soderberg has done in order to preserve his reputation as being such a "great guy"... if that is the case (which i think it is), biondi does NOT deserve all the crapp he is getting,.. but even if that proves to be untrue, biondi never deserves to be bad mouthed by anybody in the stl area (especially bernie).. biondi has done SO much for the university AND most importantly the city of stl... i believe he has the jurisdiction to do basically whatever the hell he wants to do because almost all of his moves have proved to be very successful and positive.

THe univesity needs to at least talk to somebody on background about what is going on and why. Biondi deserves all of the ##### he is getting for not making this happen. When you leave yourself looking like you are hiding something you have nobody to blame but yourself. This is not the world according to Biondi. Nobody should automatically trust his judgement and ask no questions. Students, alumni, staff, and supporters of the university all deserve answers. Right now his silence is contributing to a black eye on the university.

i disagree... once again, have you considered soderberg doing something wrong or unethical; in which, meritted his firing... and the university is protecting his reputation despite this. but, even if that is not the case, when a business fires an employee, the employer does NOT have to give a reason to the public, muchless the employee himself for the particular layoff. Its over, whats done is done... onward and forward.. bring on majerus!!

of emails and phone calls with a lot of people I can say that confidentially I have learned a lot and it appears that all of the conspiracy theories are unfounded. The simple answer is that Father Biondi reviewed the situation and felt we needed a new coach. As a leader of SLU that is what we all would expect him to do.

I will personally admit that I overreacted to this whole situation and I am willing to take a wait and see attitude.

None of this changes that fact that it was done in a very clumsy manner that has not reflected well on SLU but it is never easy to let someone go who is a good person.

I am hopeful that when we get a good new coach this will all blow over and the emotion of early this week will subside.

Even though I was a Brad fan, and I wanted to see him given one more year, I am ultimately a Bills fan and I hope that this will all turn out fine for our team. I still see a lot of potential for this group of returning players. Go Bills!

This is not some willy nilly employee, but the most high profile employee at the school. If Brad did something wrong or unethical to merit the firing he deserves no protection from the university. What is done is not done. This is continue to put the university in a negative light locally and now across the country.

As for Majerus I will believe it when I see the press conference for his acceptance of the job. That is if Biondi thinks that requires one.

IMO, that makes this whole thing ever worse.

1) Why wait at all? He's been here 5 years. Fans have been complaining for over a year. Why take another month or 2?

2) Why handle it like you just fired a grade school gym teacher? In this day and age, you can't just pull a stunt like this and keep your fans, alumni, and boosters in the dark. It's classless and unprofessional.

Fine, you fired him. Throw us a bone here...

Really nice of you to appluad the university for protecting Brad's good name as you accuse hime of doing something wrong or unethical. As you state you have just a feeling that is what is happening, but offer no proof.

Brad may have deserved to be fired for his performance as coach, but he does not deserve this kind of speculation on your part. By all accounts he is a fine man.

why are you so fixated on press conferences???? geez... what kind of class would SLU show by throwing a 5 year coach under the bus after an incident that resulted in his firing (if that is the case)??? im sure if they did, you would be writing, "slu handled it all wrong, what were they thinking, brad deserved better, he's such a great guy, blah blah blah...." and by the way, its not even big news around the country, many analysts wonder the real reason for it going down,... but only bernie burger and other stl talking heads are publicly outraged and butthurt over it...

There is no underlying scandal, or unethical behavior, that led to the firing. I have this from not one but 2 extremely well placed sources.

So again, I wish people would lay off the innuendo and quit suggesting it. The idea of misbehavior simply makes matters worse for a very fine and ethical guy--Coach S.

I was simply offering logical reasoning/explanation/speculation for the event of his firing... show me ONE time I stated that he did something wrong without pointing to the obvious that it is speculation. and it is not just speculation on my part, look at the tread i posted earlier about an article... dont try to 'turn the table' on me.. that is immature... and yes, he does deserve speculation on my part, any person who takes a public job such as a DI head coaching position (with a salary of 400K/per year) is largely subject to mass speculation when any 'out of the normal' event takes place...

That is what I said all along. SLU took it's time reviewed the situation and decided to make a move. Who cares about the timing. Who says we missed out on a coach that we might have wanted or that might have come here. Hell we might have done it 3 weeks ago and got turned down by a couple of coaches and looked worse. Just let this play out.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

just because i respectfully disagree with you, and offer explanation to my arguments... you accuse me of being some jerk (which i am assuming) that used to be on this board?? well, i hate to break your heart, but this is the only screen name i have ever had on this board. dont resort to that type of behavior because i disagree with you, it is kind of sad in all honesty.

ok, i am baffled at your logic.... i have never been on UDpride.com (heck, i dont even know that that is)... but, i am sorry if i made you feel incompetent or even stupid by proving everything you write wrong... i will try not to disagree with you anymore.. because now i know what you ultimately resort to, very desperate and alittle pathetic.