The Committee

Westy03

Im assuming that Biondi is going to setup some sort of committee to try and find a coach because I have no faith that he has someone lined up or even someone in mind. This brings up a few questions.

Who makes up the committee?

Will Cheryl Levick be involved? She had no say in the firing of Brad

How long will this process take?

Will they go on the cheap end once again?

Thoughts?

They had no plan, that is what just kills me. Im happy they let Brad go but have a freakin plan for god sakes. Doing a search in mid April just shows how out of the loop this program actually is. If I were Cheryl Levick I would leave in heartbeat.

The longer the silence the worse they look. They better have been 8 million reasons for the change occurring. This is looking more and more like amateur hour. If you make this move, at this time you better have a plan. It sure in the hell looks like they have none. I can't wait to pony up my money for next season, which is now looking like it has been completely written off.

Couldn't agree more. Silence would make sense if they were in the process of tying up loose ends with a big name coach. All indications are that's not the case. Refusing to convey information to fans/media/anyone at this point (and restricting the AD's office from doing so as well) just seems ridiculous. I'd like to think that they have some legitimate reason for doing this and that they are not just incredibly incompetent.

Granted its still speculation at this point, but by all accounts we have a talented up-and-coming AD whose authority was completely undercut by higher-ups, and now it appears the AD and her staff are restricting from talking to the media. What AD would want to work under such conditions?

Levick will be able to discuss here own hires/upgrades for many non-revenue teams. She can talk about league titles for men's and women's soccer, baseball etc.....she can talk about the new Arena and facilities....and so on...on and on....to go along with her Santa Clara and Stanford success and experience.

Debbie Yow left SLU and has won 14 National Championships since at Maryland, and is one of three female AD's at BCS league schools. She was 12 years younger than Levick at the time.