Rankings via showtymebasketball.com

VTIME

TOP 25 ST. LOUIS AREA CLASS OF 2008

*4/1/07

Torres Roundtree Kramer Soderberg

Mc Cluer North St. Charles W.

Rankings will be updated mid summer. Players are ranked on true ability,game performance and college potential.

1) Scott Suggs 6'6 SG Washington HS

2) Torres Roundtree 6'4 SG Mc Cluer N. ( SIU-C)

3) John Brandenburg 6'10 PF De Smet

4) Kramer Soderberg 5'11 PG St. Charles W.

5) Jesse Perry 6'7 SF Gateway Tech

6) Femi John 6'3 SG Mc Cluer North

7)) Drew Hanlen 5'10 PG Webster Groves

8) Anthony Booker 6'8 PF Mc Cluer North (SIU-C)

9) Ron Waller 6'3 PG Zumwalt West (W.Kentucky)

10) Josh Mc Coy 6'5 SG Zumwalt South

11) Abel Tillman 6'7 PF Berkeley

12) Anthony James 6'1 SG Normandy

13) Ladon Champagnie 6'6 G/F Hancock

14) Cornelius Walker 6'0 G Vashon

15) BJ Stevenson 6'6 F Hancock

16)Courtney Belger 6'3 PF Gateway Tech

17) Antonio Campbell 5'7 PG Berkeley

18) Todd Starks 6'1 SG Chaminade

19) Zack Redel 6'7 PF Webster Groves

20) Deron Hobbs 5'10 PG Gateway

21) Brian Mc Ghee 6'7 PF Jennings

22) David Bass 6'5 F U-City

23)Brian Maurer 5'10 PG St. Charles W.

24) Andy Rosburg 6'7 PF Marquette

25)Jordan Loveless 6'5 PF Metro

I dont think its only st. louis and not the st. louis area. And I agree, Harris should have been on there even though he sat out most of this year because of the transfer. Harris is definitely a sleeper. Probably should stayed at Soldan and been a superstar. He's been to 3 schools in 3 years and hopefully he's done moving. I think they will have a better team on paper than even McCluer North next year. If the new coach doesnt make local recruit priority #1, I have feeling Mizzou and some MVC schools will lock up all these local talents in the deepest class in years.

Glen Dandridge has left the MU program so Anderson can sign one more kid, maybe Powell or save it for 2008 and have NINE, I repeat NINE scholarships. Man I hope SLU picks Cuonzo Martin. They need a local guy who will recruit local players so Anderson doesnt clean house with all those schollies.

Its McGee. He's a 6'8 junior. Very fluid. Lacks the clumsiness of guys his build. Good weight. Bright future. I've actually heard that Berkeley's Tillman attended Jennings his first semester of high school. Boy wouldnt that have been some duo over the years.

Sophomore Zaire Taylor of Delaware is transferring and leaning toward MU. That would put the scholarships at 7 or 8 for 2008. He is supposed to bridge the gap between the 2008 exodus/mass signing. He averaged 10ppg as a sophomore in addition to leading the team in assists and leading the entire conference in steals. He would be eligible to play in 2008-2009 and expected to start for the Tigers as the team's only pg's Hannah and Horton both leave in 2008.

Hopefully your job becomes moot as we get the top 2 area players EVERY year, and then 1 or 2 top 50 guys after that. There just won't be much for you to evaluate after Majerus signs up for $6.4 million a year and has recruits paraded before him like Jabba.

I'll stiil be able to evaluate and give the fans and readers of this board insight on the area players. Most of the posters dont make it out to see these kids, so I can tell them what to expect from players Majerus or the new coach would be recruiting. If Majerus is getting kids like that, it would be great. I would love it. I'll still make my list and inform the board. 2008 is loaded. 2009, is looking promising. Already excited about Griffey, Anderson, Wiss, Wallace, and Allen. I just saw the Bills win 20 games with 6 local talents. 4 started, 2 didnt see floor at all, but this team won 20 games with 4 local starters and I believe in this area talent and I will criticize any SLU coach that does not recruit from the inside out and lock up top area talents.

Just trying to find out where you're coming from V. You say you hope SLU picks Cuonzo Martin because "they" need a local guy who will recruit local players so Anderson (Mizzou) doesn't clean house with all those schollies.

Now, how do you spin it on Tigerboard? Do you tell everyone over there, and I know you post there, that you're hoping that SLU takes recruits away from them?

Just want to know where you are on this V.

Anderson doesnt really have any schollies to give, so it never really came up. I inquired earlier today about Powell's visit, but you can check the archives, I dont post there that much. I'm a billiken fast first. Most of my post on Tigerboard are on the football board. SLU doesn't have a football team and the Tigers have the biggest football program around. I want the top local recruits to come to SLU, the fans will appreciate it more, the media will appreciate it more, more than they would at Mizzou. Plus, the recruits would probably have a bigger impact in the smaller A10 conference. The STL kids haven't done well at Mizzou, McKinney was solid, but unspectacular. Lawrence could be special, other than that you have to go back to maybe Kelly Thames to name a real big time contributor from the STL area. I want Cuonzo Martin, because I believe he would value the area talent. I'm not sure Majerus or others would. I think we are all tired of the exodus of talent to SIU and other schools. The kids that SLU passes on that want to come to SLU, yes I hope MU snatches them up and doesnt make the same mistake. From reading Tigerboard, I see that Anderson wants Powell, Suggs, Jared Swopshire, Steve Moore and Femi John. I think SLU has a legit shot at two of those guys, the others could go anywhere. I do hope they come to SLU instead of Mizzou. I want both programs to make the tourney year in and year out. Its not a competition. The teams dont play each, dont recruit most of the same players. I'm not even known on Tigerboard to spin anything. I'm on here everyday. I'm on there maybe once 5 or 6 times a month.

And I keep up with stories like these from powermizzou.com and I wish SLU had a similar site.

April 18, 2007

Gabe DeArmond

PowerMizzou.com Editor

Zaire Taylor was one of three visitors on campus at Mizzou last weekend. The 6-foot-3 guard made a decision to transfer from the University of Delaware at semester, but has not yet decided on a new school.

Univ. of Delaware

Zaire Taylor played 14 games at Delaware this year.

"I told everyone that is helping me with this that I want to see what Missouri has to offer first," Taylor said. "When they give me a signal on where they want to go, then I will go from there."

Taylor played a season-and-a-half for the Blue Hens. In the 2005-06 season, Taylor made the Colonial Athletic Association's all-freshman team, averaging 6.8 points and leading the team in both steals and assists. Taylor upped his scoring to 10.3 points per game through the first 14 games of this season, before deciding to transfer. Missouri caught his eye for a number of reasons.

"First, their style of play. They really play up-tempo, they get up and down and I think that fits my style," Taylor said. "Also, Keon Lawrence and I are good friends, we played some ball together so I know him."

Taylor and Lawrence played together in the Jersey Shore League over a summer. Taylor said the duo once combined to score 87 points in a single game. That connection helped to get Missouri in Taylor's mind when he chose to leave Delaware.

Taylor is still currently enrolled in classes at Delaware. He would have to sit out a full season at Missouri, or any other Division One school he chooses.

"I would have to sit out a year, but I actually don't mind that," he said. "It would give me a chance to get better. I am trying to play at a higher level next year, so that time could help."

Taylor described his game for PowerMizzou.com.

"I am definitely capable of playing in the Big 12, or at any level, really," Taylor said. "I feel I am a solid all around player. I am fairly athletic. I feel like my best strength is definitely my defense, both on and off the ball."

Taylor made it no secret that Missouri is his first choice for next season. PowerMizzou.com will keep you posted as this story develops.