Rodney Alexander

I did some minimal searching on jucojunction.com re: R. Alexander and the website lists a number of schools that are in the running for R. Alexander with SLU and Illinois listed as the top 2 schools. Also there is an update/article on alexander at jucojunction.com's home page, but i don't have a subscription. If anyone has a subscription, that update might have some good nuggets of info. If someone does read the update, please share with the rest of us.

I've read where we are basically out of the picture, but i'm just trying to provide info (as old as it may be).

Edit: the article appears to be dated April 2nd. One would believe that the list of schools was also updated as of April 2nd. If that is true, SLU is still listed as a high possibility as of today. Hopefully someone can view the article.

He lists SLU and Illinois as High

Tennessee, Butler, Syracuse, and Indiana as Medium

Oklahoma and Oklahoma State as Low

Nebraska intrest level is none.

I don't like to post whole articles from a pay site but here are the parts that mention SLU.

From the Article

"In the fall of 2006, Alexander took his first two official visits to Butler and Saint Louis."

"Butler was alright," Rodney Jr. said. "It was pretty cool. I liked coach (Todd) Lickliter. I liked the coaches and players at Saint Louis, too."

"Syracuse has not offered Alexander yet, but he has been tendered by Illinois, Tennessee, Indiana, Saint Louis, Butler, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Nebraska."

The article mentioned that he visited Illinois last weak and plans on visiting Tennessee soon.

Couple of things ....

1) What makes you think the article is/had been updated? I just had an article that was written in August 2006 get posted this past month. It was posted with a March 2007 dateline. Article was like seven months old. All I'm saying is that just because the date of the post is recent, it does not necessarily mean the information is.

2) You know the question has to be asked; Who is th eodd man out in this string? Syracuse, Illinois, Tennesseee, Indiana, St. Louis, Butler, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Nebraska? I think its 50/50 between SLU and Nebraska so its a trick question.

3) Let's remember once again that the ratings ... high, medium and low ... are the kid's stated value of his interest, maybe not exactly thtof the school. However, after saying that, I think the fact that we are mentioned high is good. However, coming back to point 1 ... how old is this stuff? And back topoint 2, if I have an offer from these other guys, who am I picking?

4) As a JUCO with two years of eligibility left, do I want to go play for an NCAA perennial or not? I would.

5) We ain't gonna know anyhting until we know. Signing date is what, April 11? April 16? Relaphorde and Mitchell. Mitcehll and Relaphorde. I don' tknow of anyone that knows anything else right now.

What does Lichliter's hiring at Iowa do for Peterson?

I have the same question - does the new coach coming from Butler have any interest in Peterson or Alexander. Since the coach was recruiting RA while he was at Butler would not make sense that he would be more comfortable with him rather than Peterson? Just a question worth pondering.

As far as I have been able to tell rivals seems to be pretty good about having the correct dates on their articles. This one was dated 4/1/2007

Here is some more from the article. Since it has his team record for the end of the season I am guessing that it is current or at least not very old.

After helping Redlands to an overall 31-2 record, Alexander was asked what he's looking for in a college.

"If I can play, and if I like the coaches and environment. I want to fit in there and be comfortable."

As far as Lichliter's hiring at Iowa.

My guess is that them hiring the COY isn't going to hurt them much.

My other guess is that Iowa might become a player for Alexander. Lichliter was already recruiting him to Butler so he might try to get him to go to Iowa. Though I have no idea what Iowa's scholarship situation or needs are.