UK job...if anyone interested...

if anybody cares...Billy Donovan's job if wants it...no surprise there.

current second choices are Johnny Pelphrey and possibly Jay Wright.

Calipari, Pitino, Crean,(who is at Cards Spring training this week, FOT, Friend of Tony) Gillespie, Barnes, ...etc are not candidates at this time. Big push from some wealthy boosters for Travis Ford, but that has been brushed aside and he is out. A few new not previously mentioned plan B candidates will be coming out later this week, not mentioned in this paragraph. The above list in this paragraph have not been considered to this point by UK as people they want, as opposed to the other way around(some may or may not have had interest, but UK definitely does not have interest in them) and they are not candidates. Nor is Mike D'Antoni at this point. Anything can happen and change...but it has been Donovan alone the entire time, and first fall backs are Pelphrey and Wright at the moment, subject to change daily.

Some things I know from direct links to people, coaches, AD dept people, who are friends ....coaches, players, University people that I just know and ask on a topic. Sometimes it comes from other places. I usually credit a source 100% of the time on here or provide a link if possible and applicable if it is something I just read somewhere, which happens sometimes too. ... people can take what I say for what it is worth ......if I cannot provide someone's name who wouldn't want to be mentioned, even if it is just a message board then it just has to be my word.

I actually think UK is not done with plan B names of which I have not yet heard. I am not in the know there.

As for Ford, multiple sources have had that one, that is more in the common knowledge deal as is Pelphrey. I was surprised that Gillespie was never considered and that Barnes and Crean are already out of their mix. Speaking of Crean, take Andy Katz, whom I like, for example, he has actually reported over the years that Crean was headed to Illinois, Ohio St and somewhere else I can't remember off of top of my head and has repeatedly thrown out Crean's name as a top candidate in this job...as I said I do like Andy(some people do not at all)...but I don't like to say anything unless I am pretty confident about it, so if that means I am not first with something or don't say anything at all, that is cool.

I've spent time at places with people so I can talk about certain people or places or academics with a lot of up close experience.

I am not an expert on the current UK situation and I am as casually interested as anyone as to what happens if it isn't the 3 I mentioned...perhaps an NBA coach or college head coach or assistant will pop up this week, perhaps not...just have that feeling it might. It's Donovan's job if he wants it...that is absolutely true, and of course logical and not a big shocker to anyone.

It's an internet message board...I've been here a long time, I have never made up anything...and if I am unsure...as I said in this thread, I'll say so...but if I know something for sure, like Crean was in Jupiter this week at a pre-planned Spring Training trip with LaRussa and Knight among others ...I'll just say because I know it is factually true.

If I ever have first hand experience with someone or know them and I read on here womething someone says about them, and I know it to be different I will say so....I usually only start threads on openings that have a general interest or affect SLU....i.e. Ford or Miller...etc...

I know it is far fetched, but one guy who would have instant credibility with the UK establishment because he is a big figure in the Kentucky tradition is Pat Riley. It probably would be a pay cut. . .but at UK's scale, who knows. Definitely a long shot. . .but intriguing.