Sign 5 in the spring

ACE

Wendell was a Sr last year. It was a 1 year scholarship that would have just sat unused. I like the idea of givng a Sr walk on a scholarship ... as long as it is one that is absolutely not going to be used. Wendell was a favorite of a few on this board. Me included

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Given our woes at the 4 this past season, one would have thought UB had nothing to lose by giving him more time. He didn't, which leads one to wonder is AK another of UB's project players that will shine one game and then ride the pine for the next 10?

I think 3-star is right -- unless we got 4 guys and the 5th was just an astronomical addition, we will not add 5 scholarships this spring. That is probably not going to happen. I am certain we will not add a 5th guy who is a project, either.

The only guy I have heard about who might qualify as astronomical or an "impact" kind of guy is Pettigrew. He sounds like a guy who would come in and immediately get minutes and score and rebound, so why not sign him?

It might happen; but this is a wildly optimistic scenario, in my view. For example, to get Peterson and Griskenas to verbal, THEN to have a guy like Pettigrew want to come--which he might want to do--we could add a 5th, if it is likely to energize the program even more immediately. Of course, that scenario is based on geting the other 2 guys to verbal/sign, which I would welcome but which anyone should think is very, very optimistic.

One other thing; I have seen Adam K. quite a lot up close and in practice/scrimmages, and I think he will develop and become a very productive player, perhaps as soon as next year. He has good abilities and he has the jumps and the scrappiness to compete for minutes almost immediately. I would have liked to see a lot more of him this past year, but for whatever reasons Coach S. thought we had a better chance to compete with other guys. I predict very good things for AK.

Mr. Cheese; yes, you have a keen memory. I did predict good things from JJ.

I also predicted we would be a top 40-type team, and I think it is safe to say that was also mistaken.

thanks for such a good memory. I hope you also remember some of the predictions of mine that either came true or rather sort of did. I will not enumerate them here; but only say this:

My failure to make good predictions will never stop me from making further predictions.

(I think that is the consensus of members of this group.)