Top 20 men's basketball Money-Makers

Being a finance guy myself, I feel the same way as you David. Frankly, in my experience I've always had to see the actual numbers before I made any decisions. I just don't know how much stock to put in a website either. I suppose it is OK for debating, but I am not betting the Palatial Palm Harbor Residence on their total validity.

schasz and david, you surely arent saying that the real difference between marquette and slu is little if anything budgetwise are you?

i am not saying it is gospel, but i have no reason to beleive it isnt indicative of the way things pretty much line up. someone please present the facts that says otherwise.

This is lol funny stuff. Marquette won first...they had success with outdated facilities, small budgets etc...Roy skips over this conveniently over and over. This happens all the time at other places too...not just Marquette...

People would also have to break down where money is being

spent...one small example...Marquette flew 100% of its Championship Anniversary team and their families for a weekend, banquets, parties, gifts, always honoring past people in their program. Spending big dollars on it too...they have the nicest banners of any team in the country...have to look at where the money is going.

As recently as a few years ago...Marquette had a tiny budget...again

nobody points out that they had a coach who did more with less resources...and after, later....the commitment came from resources...and much was Crean soliciting big dollar boosters to build the prac facilty etc...

Plenty of programs win before the resources come...resources do not come at places like SLU and Marquette if you do not win and succeed first.

UNREAL

GIVE IT UP...comparing st louie basketball to Marquettes basketball program makes you the most uninformed person ever to say you know anything... anything about basketball.

Poor Al Mcguire.....that great great coach is turning over on dumbnuts stupid comment.

DIDNT THIS GUY... MAKE A BIG GRANDSTAND TOO.....CRYING HE WAS LEAVING THINK HE IS ALREADY GONE....he is way out there

(Marguette got lucky)LMAO...LOL...LOL....LOL..LOL...LOL

take a break dude......or have you been drinking

in the article attached to this thread there is a quote along the lines of 'different universities categorize the same items differently' some include media dollars, some do not, some include box sales some do not

the only truth is we don't know who is including what and what all slu is or is not including, what if all pymnts to Scott Trade are not in the Ath Dept b/c the U covers it as graduation ceremonies are there?? certainly possible

-some also seem to be incessently saying the answer is to throw money at it, WHAT IF slu has it right and gets $1 of productivity out of each $1 spent while others do not?? the key is we don't know, other than we want sucessful programs (and please notice the BIG WHAT IF)