Thanks UB

slu72

There's no event that get's the juices flowing quite like March Madness. I was in a Sports bar last night, and you would have sworn everyone there was a VCU grad. It's such a bummer that we haven't been there for 7 straight years. And what's worse is, it doesn't appear we're gonna make one any time soon. You Kool aid clubbers can spin UB's tenure at SLU any way you want. But, the bottom line is, he hasn't even got us on the bubble in five years. So for fans to question his performance at SLU is not disloyal, not evil, and not unfair. Thanks, UB, for another historic season.

Yes, but Brad signed Lisch and Liddell, so he should have permanent immunity. (Has anyone ever considered that Lisch and Liddell and their families were attracted to SLU generally, therefore there was a very real possibility that a different head coach could have successfuly recruited them to SLU?) Plus, we have to hold onto Brad now becuase he son's AAU participation gives him a recruiting advantage--oops, nevermind about that argument.

nashville what i have learned is that if we hire a final four team's assistant coach, that alone will take us to the ncaa tourney. you know say a former duke asst, or a wisconsin asst, or maybe hire a former ucla head asst. that is a guaranteed immediate and long term success solution.

Honestly, I don't have much to say on this subject anymore. Both sides present resonable aruguments. Brad most certainly could have done better in his tenure thus far. But is he as bad as the picture most paint, not at all. I don't know what the right answer is. I really trust Cheryl Levick. I think she knows what she is doing. I was very impressed with every interview I heard. I'm very impressed with what her teams have done recently in the A-10. I'm impressed that she was able to get the arena up and running. And I'm confident that she will do what is necessary to move foward...and that she is much more intelligent on matters of college athletics than anybody on this board.

I just get irritated at reading the same thing (actually, i've read very little of the board lately). It does nothing to help SLU. It does nothing to help SLU recruiting. And it does nothing to help SLU's image. I don't see the point.

to listen to you guys defend UB it boils down to this:

HE'S A GREAT GUY, STABLE (no one else is knocking down his door)

WE CAN'T FIND ANYONE BETTER (that's really discouraging)

ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY (it didn't take a millenium either)

Yeah, I know I've done more than my fair share of anti Brad posts and it's getting old. But I'm screaming Uncle. You guys win. No more anti Brad talk from me until after the spring recruiting season is over.

No mas, Dave, no mas.....I give....you guys won't see the light until...oh...say....2012. Maybe when UMKC nails down an 11 seed and the Billikens and Brad are watching from the new players lounge at the Chey saying next year for sure. Doesn't UB have a younger son as well?

Listen, I am not a huge UB fan now either. I had this as the make or break year for him. It wouldn't break my heart to see him go or stay at this point.

But it seems like its groundhog day around here everyday with the same threads saying the exact same thing... And, yes, I would prefer to talk about SLU's game today in the NCAA's.

Maybe its just the nature of the messageboard fandome.

Let's hope they can get their act together by the time the conference season starts. They still have several players back from last year's team, including Ryan Bird.

The softball team is actually 10-13, which is pretty good, considering their recent history. I don't really follow the team that closely, but it sounds like the new coach is doing a better job than his predecessor.