What is preventing SLU...

moytoy12

...from being as successful as Creighton? An interesting note, reading through Altman's bio and he went to the NIT in his 4th season and the NCAA's his 5th season and the rest is history.

By the way, a few of the Creighton coaches have some hot wives! Good night, maybe that's the secret (and no disrespect to Mrs. Soderberg as i have never seen her).

soderberg went to the nit in the first and second years.

that said, creighton is a good example of a program that we should aspire to imitate. altman has done a fabulous job. good thing they didnt run him out after three years.

and maybe creighton wouldnt have either.

or maybe we could say that slu would have made it if it was still at 48.

I believe SLU would have made the NIT this year had the field still been 40 teams, instead of 32.

And, of course, I'm at the point of beating a dead horse on this, but 8 of those 32 NIT bids this year were those "automatic" NIT bids that went to lesser conference champions that did not win their conference tournaments.

I have no doubt that SLU would have made the old NIT of 40 teams, not reduced by those "automatic" NIT bids.