OPEN YOUR EYES OLD TIMERS

Jesus H. Christ, you are all idiots.

For next year there needs to be one simple change: a new coaching staff.

I cannot believe you all still back Brad Soderberg. He has had his chance here at SLU, and what do we have to show for it? 2 NIT bids in five years? Pathetic. The NIT means nothing to me and probably millions of other college basketball fans. It is a parting gift, a consolation prize. It has no value. No one remembers who won the 2000 NIT, but everyone can tell you MSU -- not the gay MSU-SMS, but the Michigan State -- won the 2000 NCAA Tournament.

Soderberg is the one person that I would go up to and punch in the face just because he deserves it. What are you doing coaching a Division One basketball team?!!?!?! Jesus Christ, you are awful. Go back to the high school or CYO ranks. I cannot believe you people. You think 20 wins is sweet and we should throw the Billikens a goddamn ticker-tape parade down Market Street. Open your eyes. You people are the stupidest bunch of people I've ever seen in my life. Realize that this coach has dragged our program to the lowest of lows. What recruits? What are you talking about?

Our program is horrible. We have no school spirit, no Nike gear for the students to wear to the games, this is totally fuc*ing unacceptable. I have fuc*ing had it with SLU and the total lack of pride and accountability for the way our University is perceived by the media and potential students. It all starts with our money-maker, basketball, and right now, our program is costing us dearly.

You people who come on here and talk about how much money you are donating are like the people in the Old Testament who give money in an attempt to buy their way to heaven and show how pious they are, when in fact the church elders just spent it all. You are giving your money to thieves and crooks....can you honestly tell me one concrete thing your money has gone to? Obviously not recruiting trips or a private plane for Soderberg to go to New Orleans or the South Bronx or South Central to find a 6'9, 250 lb banger. You guys are idiots.

FIRE SODERBERG

"I had my dancing shoes ready to go this season. I had them polished at the airport and everything."

And your boyfriend stood you up. That's unfortunate. But i guess i see why you are so upset.

You continue to be a joke. We are unhappy. However, most of us are not sophomoric in our posts.

I suppose TkBilliken is working the day shift at Humphery's....and Metz at night. I wish those two kids could get together at the same time, with GOP....perhaps they could all plan ahead and re-arrange their schedules so that once in the history of the board they could be logged on and post at the same time. It's a shame those kids just keep missing each other and just can't get together.

In line with the cleaning up of the language for the youngsters reading the board, I don't like GOP's post. I share his feelings however. To go into the GW game with a clear shot at making the dance with big bad X out of the way, and lay an egg is unforgiveable in my opinion. I didn't see the game or even read about it. But from what I understand we got physically beat up and the ref's allowed it. This ain't croquet we're playing here and those are not excuses for losing. There is no crying in College hoops these days. BS has had five years to do something. Two NIT's with Zo's players ain't cutting it to my way of thinking. That's 3 years with his players and nothing to show for them. People on here say it's progress to win 20 games (19 really). It's progress if I wax my 59 MGA, but it still runs like ##### and won't get me to the supermarket. The biggest mistake CL made when she came to SLU was to immediately extend UB's contract. That was probably due to his signing of KL and TL and the two NIT's. Easy to think at that time better days were right around the corner. They aren't. And unless he pulls a damn rabbit out of his magic hat this spring, next year's going to be worse. The trend line is clearly not up, no matter how much Kool Aid you drink. Anyone else in America would be fired for five years of averaging a C- in their job. I don't care if UB is JC's half or full brother, ie nice guy, religious, hard working, etc. He has done nothing to show he is an A-10 D1 level coach. We should show him the door and eat the money to get ready for the new arena and hopefully with a guy who will give us a legit shot at the NCAA in '08-'09, but sadly it ain't gonna happen. For those who argue that progress is being made, it just takes time, give me examples of this progress. Be specific, like we've got this tremendous class coming in next year, not that he's good buddies with the Suggs' family, or that he's got some mysterious JUCO PF and PG signing in April. You are kidding yourselves. You're right on GOP, you just said it in terrible fashion.

"Anyone else in America would be fired for five years of averaging a C- in their job."

Except a government employee. :)

"I didn't see the game or even read about it. But from what I understand we got physically beat up and the ref's allowed it."

Perhaps in further support of your argument, i don't think the physical play was our downfall, but it was our inability to play against the press in the half-court. It wasn't that we were getting fouled, but that we couldn't figure out how to space and create passing lanes. We didn't score a fg for what 18 min?? Our players brought the ball up the court in the same fashion and the half-court offense operated in the same fashion the entire game. I was initially inclined to think the players just weren't executing, but when something continues the entire game in the same way, i've got to believe the coach failed to make adjustments (or maybe the players failed to effectuate the coach's adjustments).