In or out

that is only 8 teams plus notre dame is top 40. i thought there were 10? plus all of them have to be at large bids. if they win the conference tourney you havent given us 10 at large bids with over 40 rpi.

i said there were going to be between 5 and 10 bubble teams each year. you have given us 7 teams (notre dame is under 40) plus there is a chance a couple of your list might still win their conf tourney and also wouldnt count towards the list of teams over 40 that get in. plus that still doesnt preclude any under 40 rpi teams.

so thus far, you havent stated a thing that i would disagree will happen.

>i said there were going to be between 5 and 10 bubble teams

>each year. you have given us 7 teams (notre dame is under

>40) plus there is a chance a couple of your list might still

>win their conf tourney and also wouldnt count towards the

>list of teams over 40 that get in. plus that still doesnt

>preclude any under 40 rpi teams.

>

>so thus far, you havent stated a thing that i would disagree

>will happen.

So far you agree with me....ok...so far...I have given you 16% of the NCAA field...not .1%

Also, Notre Dame has a 49 RPI.

And as I said, other teams still in play as well.

>that is only 8 teams plus notre dame is top 40. i thought

>there were 10? plus all of them have to be at large bids.

>if they win the conference tourney you havent given us 10 at

>large bids with over 40 rpi.

Typical Roy agitated post. Should I post that you said .1% of 40 plus RPI teams gt in...which you have said all year?

I said "I" have approx 10 teams on my list. I am not the NCAA.....I also provided a list of teams that will definitely get in the NCAA's this year imo and in your opinion as you stated...and in many others opinions.

I have already given you 16% of the NCAA field...and that number will possibly get higher.

i used to unconditionally love the ncaa tourney, and i hope i am not headed for divorce with it, but the love is not nearly as strong as it once was for various reasons

but the biggest one in my mind, and it may not be the case at all, is that my love for the event blossomed with upsets, the little guy beating the big guy

it just seems to me that too many things are done to support the 1a schools, to make the rich richer, and they are trying to shut out the little guy

the ncaa has power, they could have told billy packer and jim nantz that they were wrong and their opinions conflict with the goals of the selection committee, but they did not

i actually disagree with you on your point that the imbalance of power of growing

http://www.kenpom.com/conf.php?c=BE

sure i am saying depending on conference tourney upsets today and tommorrow there will be between 5 and 10 above 40 rpi.

40 rpi + 15 worthless conference auto bids = 55 teams. 10 teams left

but i am also saying there wont be 10 sub 40 rpi teams left out as you seem to be insinuating.

http://www.realtimerpi.com/ Updated 3 minutes ago.

Also you said in this thread if a team is not top 40 they are out.

You have also said all year that it is 99.9% for top 40 RPI. including this thread and that isn't true either.

I again said I would have that range of teams in mine....I also listed pretty close to that range of teams that I thought were locks and you even agreed.

You're killin' me here.

Not all top 40 RPI teams are dancing. Some will be replaced with over 40 RPI.

which RPI is the more accurate, kenpom.com or realtimerpi.com?

There are some radical differences with some teams. After last night's games, realtimerpi.com had Notre Dame's RPI at 47, whereas kenpom.com had it at 34.

Realtimerpi.com had SLU's RPI at 79, whereas kenpom.com had SLU's RPI at 73.

Now I think Notre Dame is in the NCAA for sure. But the NIT closely followed the RPI last year in filling out its field after the new "automatic bids" were awarded. So that difference in 6 RPI spots for SLU could make a big difference. Maybe I have false hopes, but I still am hoping for an NIT bid for SLU.