In or out

There's not enough room at the inn, even if you leave Mo. St off the following list. Vanderbilt would get in instead:

1. UCLA

2. Ohio St.

3. UNC

4. Pitt

5. Wisc

6. SIU

7. Florida

8. Memphis

9. Georgetown

10. UNLV

11. Kentucky

12. Tennessee

13. Kansas

14. Arizona

15. Texas A&M

16. Maryland

17. Duke

18. BYU

19. Villanova

20. Creighton

21. Michigan St.

22. Va. Tech

23. Marquette

24. Oregon

25. Wash St.

26. Nevada

27. Texas

28. Illinois

29. Air Force

30. Butler

31. Indiana

32. Xavier

33. BC

34. Ok St.

35. Purdue

36. Louisville

37. ODU

38. Mo. St.

39. Arkansas

40. VCU

41. Drexel

42. Texas Tech

43. Florida St.

44. Notre Dame

45. Davidson

46. Gonzaga

47. Holy Cross

48. Winthrop

49. Wright St.

50. Pennsylvania

51. Oral Roberts

52. Belmont

53. Eastern Kentucky

54. Niagara

55. North Texas

56. Weber St.

57. Central Conn St.

58. Vermont/Albany

59. USC

60. Miami/Akron

61. New Mexico St./Utah St.

62. Long Beach St./Cal Poly

63. Northwestern St./ Texas A&M CC

64. Virginia based on conference record

65. Upset no one has predicted

there are far too many conferences that dont have worthy teams this year. add to that the conference champs like xavier and butler that are blowing their tourney's there will not be 10 bubble spots to give this year.

the tourney needs to expand to more teams because the imbalance of power is getting more and more and there will only be more of the not worthy conferences taking bids.

>39/40 will get in if Mo. St. gets snubbed so it's still the

>best barometer out there.

But all of the teams I mentioned are getting in...and why would it be a snub for Mo St to not get in? They didn't do enough.

0-5 v top two teams in its conference

No high quality wins since neutral court over Wisconsin.

3 rpi top 50 wins and two of those were against Bradley an NIT team.

How is that a "snub?"

>maybe so, but there wont be 10 above 40 getting in as at

>large bids.

We'd call that the back pedal two step.:)

For the record, I said today I would have around that many post 40 RPI's in myself. Louisville for example just squeaked in to top 40...etc...so some teams will get in there, and several others won't and they will still deservedly receive invitations.

no that is not what i said, i said that history shows that the top 40 rpi is the line that is almost an 99.9% marker to be in the tourney. after that, there is the bubble line.

typically there are about 13 - 15 conferences that dont have a 40 rpi team. yet they get an automatic bid.

so if you use the 40 rpi teams plus the 13-15 not worthy automatic teams that would leave you with 10 bubble teams assuming no conference tourney upsets in the conferences that have top 40 rpi teams.

the likes of wright state or rhode island or gw today would eat away at that bubble list.

this second there are 18 conferences that do not have top 40 rpi teams. so that eats away from the bubble teams.

now add in the wright states and gw's etc. there just arent many bubble spots to be had this year.

Vandy, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Drexel, Stanford, Texas Tech(sitting at 40 will not be top 40 when finished)....I have others that have a chance too depending on how it shakes out.

ODU is a strong candidate as well on my list, and they will not finish top 40 rpi.

I said approx ten.

I am not staring at a list, That is is a definite list in my head. I would have to go over a list and debate the more border-line candidates, and of course see what happens today and tommorrow. Louisville for example just squeaked into top 40 or it would have been even more. There are several other candidates that depend on how they stack up to another border line candidate if any remain...for any remaining at large spots. The ones I mentioned would definitely be in my brackets. And most of those will in fact get in. And some others might get in that I didn't mention with post 40 RPI that I would be iffy on...or not have in...