NIT and Small Conference Tourneys

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what you dont think the walmart boys are boosters anymore? just because the daughter is a fu i wouldnt think would close the money tap.

I don't think money tap has closed as for as donations go. I do think that the Lauries and the Kronkes have cut back on trying to throw their weight around in Boone County. They have alot of stuff they want to keep quiet when it comes to their family and Quinn. They don't want to step on anybody's toes.

You think with all the J-school grads down there that someone would realize they could make a name for themselves with some of the twisted crap that went on down there. Just goes to show money can keep alot of stuff quiet. It also doesn't hurt having grads deciding what gets in print or on the air. They wouldn't want to make the school look bad.

V, I got news for you, the Big 12 was a pretty ###### conference this year. The top three teams where good the rest of the conference sucked. The rest of the conference was worst than the Valley. The rest wasn't much better overall than the A-10. In fact you can make a solid argument with the middle of the A-10 was better tham the middle of the Big 12.

Wow, I wouldnt go that far. SLU would lose to Texas, Texas A&M as they did, Texas Tech, K-State twice. That's 5 losses right there. Maric would eat Ian alive in both meetings. That's 7 losses. SLU should be able to beat Baylor, but Rogers is a beast and so is Aaron Bruce so who knows. For the sake of argument, lets say SLU wins. Kansas twice, that's 9 losses. SLU should beat Colorado both times, but that's no lock. SLU would lose to Ok State, that's 10 losses. Even if SLU sweeps Iowa State, that's only a 6-10 record, and that's if the Bills dont get upset. Seeing as though the Bills lost to St. Bonaventure and Duquesne, there would be at least 1 upset. it was weak by Big 12 standards, but Kansas, Texas, Tx Tech, Tx A&M, Kansas, and Ok St were all ranked for portions of the season. That's 6 of the 12 teams.

"I can make arguments for both sides."

LOL. Obviously not compelling arguments. I will give you Texas, Texas A&M and Kansas (twice). But just as SLU did lose to SBU and DU it is also capable of pulling upsets. Tech and K. St. (twice)? Nebraska...twice (and i didn't know college bball is purely one-on-one)? What about OU? Missouri? OSU isn't a lock to beat SLU.

At times like these, your true colors show.

i don't know if SLU would go 7-9, 10-6 or 2-14, but your silly matter of fact statements don't do much to convince me.

What about next year.

Bills would start

C Husak

F Knollmeyer/ JUCO or Freshman pf

F Meyer

G Lisch

G Liddell

Bench DB, DP, DM, MR,AM

Mizzou would start

C Lyons

F Carroll

G Lawrence

G Lawrence

G Hannah

Bench

Brown, Grimes, Horton, Tiller, Butterfield.

I'd have to go with Mizzou. Carroll has All-Big 12 potential. What a luxury to be able to have enough taletn to bring Brown off the bench.

OSU with Boggan and Curry, that's a lock. Eaton and Terrel Harris help those 2 stars from the periemeter while Kareem Cooper and David Monds are very good inside. They shoot 3's well especially Curry which would torch the pack defense and Boggan is an absolute animal inside. They were ranked pretty high all year until a recnt slide. I'll stand by K-State twice, they had a great year, even with Walker hurt. Nebraska has an underrated team to. You have to double team Maric and their top outside shooter is an undersize pf who is a pure shooter. I think they would beat SLU both times because the SLU defense is predictable.

Boy, Boggan and Curry sure helped out in losses at CU, OU, MU, Tech, Baylor and NU. Assuming SLU is equal to Missouri and Baylor (and probably close to NU and Tech), i wouldn't call OSU a lock over SLU. Lesser SLU teams beat better huggins' teams than what he has now.

Missouri will win. I will also give my reasoning. We do not have a pg. Missouri plays a full court game and we cannot bring the ball up court consistently against pressure. Mo will trap and after we run out of t/o's Mo will have their way against us. However, I agree w/ Roy on our chances of making the NIT.

I am off Brad's back. He's gotten some good late commitments. He has a team good enough to beat anyone in his conference this year and next year. In 2008, I'm positive he'll do a real good job with the outstanding area talent. I didnt take any jabs at the depth. Its not where it should be right now, but its coming. MU does have more depth though. They can recruit bigger prospects because they play in a bigger league and have almost all of their games televised. I think he'll do fine in the A10 next year. However this year, I dont think the Bills would've finished in top half of the Big 12 like the Tigers did.

Pssst...the Tigers also play in the much weaker 1/2 of the conference and to say the Tigers finished in the top 1/2 is a bit misleading albeit technically correct. 8 games against 4 of the bottom 5 in the conference allows one to get 7 wins easier than say 4 games against that same bottom dwelling teams.