Mosports Class of 2008 Top 50

VTIME

I think the others will be released at a later date.

MOsports.com

Super 50

The MOsports.com staff with the help of top basketball talent evaluators from around the Show Me State have put together a list of the Top 50 players in Missouri. This was a difficult process to find the top players in the state, regardless of class. Players were evaluated on current level of skill, and potential at the next level.

23. Kramer Soderberg, St. Charles West High School

Continuing with the theme of talented junior point guards St. Charles West playmaker Kramer Soderberg earns his place at No. 23 in the MOsports.com Super 50.

Soderberg, son of Brad Soderberg, head coach at St. Louis University plays the game with a superior level of court awareness that has come from years studying the game.

"Crafty with or without the ball, Soderberg handles the ball well", says one scout. "He is in more of a scoring role in high school, shooting the ball well from the 3, off the catch, or creating off the dribble."

Soderberg finished the season scoring 25.9 points per game, including 48% (77/159) shooting from beyond the three point line. Averaging 88% from the free throw line, the talented junior guard made an amazing 210 trips to the charity stripe.

Photos courtesy of http://www.kriewallphotography.com

24. Drew Hanlen, Webster Groves High School

One of the state's top junior guards, Webster Groves point guard Drew Hanlen enters at No. 24 in the MOsports.com Super 50.

Hanlen, who stands 5-foot-10 and weighs 175 pounds is a tough, heady point guard who just does all of the little things to help his team win basketball games. More of a scorer in high school, Hanlen projects well as a point guard who will create for others the next level.

A tireless worker, Hanlen is known to enter the gym early in the A.M. shooting thousands of shots before classmates arrive at school.

During Hanlen's three year varsity career the Statesmen have earned three Suburban South titles and have not lost a conference game. Hanlen is a winner, in his three varsity seasons the Statsmen have accumlated a 76-12 record and advanced the the Quarterfinals twice including a tough overtime loss to McCluer North this season.

This season Hanlen has averaged 18.1 points per contest, including 44% shooting (56/127) from beyond the arc. Hanlen averages 4 assists and 3 steals per contest. Currently Hanlen is connecting on 80% of his free throw attempts.

Just a junior, Hanlen has another full year to think about where he would like to play college basketball. When the time comes he will have the opportunity to continue to lead at a very high level.

25. Zach Plackemeir, Duchesne (St. Charles) High School

As we make our way to the best 25 players in the Show-Me State we find Duchesne senior guard Zach Plackemeier, ranked No. 25 in the MOsports.com Super 50!

Plackemeier, a 6-foot-2 inch, 175 pound shooting guard is a talented scorer according to our scouts. "Plackemeier can score off the catch or the bounce. He handles it well, can get to the basket, and shoots the three with a nice stroke. Adept at passing, Plackemeier sees the floor well."

"He (Plackemeier) is very competitive and always rises to challenges", commented Duchesne head coach Wade Bouslog. "He is a gifted offensive player who can score in a variety of ways-He is great at creating his own shot while also being able to hit jump shots coming off screens. He is also a great passer. Zach also consistently guards the opposing team's best perimeter player. "

Recruited by a mix of Division II and Division I programs, Plackemeier has given a commitment to attend Indiana-Purdue-Fort Wayne where he will compete at the Division I level in the Mid Continent Conference.

Named as a McDonald's All-American nominee and certainly a back-to-back member of the all-state team this season the talented guard averaged 27.4 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 assists per game.

Though most post season honors have yet to be announced this season his trophy case is full of awards and honors from a strong junior campaign including GAC North Conference Player of the Year 04-05; 1st Team All State (Class 4) 05-06; Second Team Post Dispatch All Metro 05-06; 1st Team All GAC 04-05 and 05-06.

Plackemeier completed a solid career this season for the Pioneers, finished as the career leader in points, assists, and steal. A leader on the court, he also helped the Neer's earn their first district title since 1970 when they finished 23-4 one season ago.

26. Jamarcus Williams, Charleston High School

Ranked No. 26 in the MOsports.com Super 50 we find 6-foot-3 inch, 220 pound small forward Jamarcus Williams, of Charleston High School.

With Williams playing a key role the Blue Jays rank among the favorites to collect the Class 3 MSHSAA basketball crown.

Scouts say of Williams, "he is a slasher, very athletic, he gets off the floor quickly. A good offensive rebounder, he must continue to develop his perimeter game."

Though Williams is among the state's best on the hard wood, it is on the grid iron where he will continue his athletic career next year. On the recent national letter of intent signing day Williams announced he will attend Tennessee Martin next season where he will play wide receiver.

Charleston, Class 1 District 1

27. Anthony Booker, McCluer North High School

The junior class in Missouri is loaded and for further evidence of this look no further than the McCluer North Stars. This squad boasts three future division one talents, three Super 50 members, and one of the top Class 5 teams in the state.

6-foot-8 inch junior Anthony Booker, a talented forward, is the No. 27 selection in the MOsports.com Super 50. Booker is an athletic forward who has quality low post moves and the ability to run the floor. He is a great rebounder on both ends of the floor and has tremendous upside.

Recently Booker joined McCluer North teammate Torres Roundtree in giving an oral commitment Southern Illinois and head coach Chris Lowery.

SIU continues to do an outstanding job of recruiting Missouri and St. Louis. The top 15 ranked program has benefitted greatly from Show-Me State talent and will continue to do so for years to come.

Booker looked at other programs in the Missouri Valley Conference including Missouri State, Illinois State, and Indiana State and had recently began hearing from major Division I programs.

An important piece of the impressive McCluer North puzzle Booker averages 10 points, 8.2 rebounds, and 2.1 blocks per contest. He is currently shooting 52% from the field, 64% from the line.

Keep an eye on Booker and the Stars who have a district date with Hazelwood Central looming. The sky is the limit for this Star who only continues to improve.

28. Andrew Kueker, Sweet Springs High School

29. Michael Porter, Sikeston High School

30. Aubrey Doss, Vashon High School

31. Ron Waller, Ft. Zumwalt West (O'Fallon) High School

32. Isaiah Rhine, Versailles High School

33. Cornelius Walker, Vashon High School

34. Dominque Newton, Raytown South High School

35. Justin Clark, William Chrisman (Independence) High School

36. Luke Engelken, Mid-Buchanan High School

37. Terrance Hill, Hogan Prep High School

38. Richard Rose, Troy Buchanan High School

39. Adam Kiel, St. Dominic (O'Fallon) High School

40. Scott Miller, Helias (Jefferson City) High School

41. Mike Baker, Whitfield (St. Louis) High School

42. Chris Stokes, Miller Career (St. Louis) High School

43. Johnny Brown, Northeast (Kansas City) High School

44. Paul Eckerle, St. Francis Borgia High School

45. Sam Pearson, Hazelwood Central High School

46. Erik Darkow, Rock Bridge High School

47. Alex Henderson, Willard High School

48. Alfred Nelson, Chaminade High School

49. Tyler Oakley, Ozark High School

50. Andrew Jones, Smithville High School

On the bubble: Who did we miss? Drop us an email at [email protected]

I only saw about 10 minutes of the WG-MCN game the other night, but hanlen looked real comfortable running the show, and had a GREAT no look-pass across the court to a streaking teammate, out of a double team, no less, for a traditional 3-point play. Don't recall him putting up any shots, though, however I had the feeling he could rain - he looked real smooth out there.

He is a lot faster than he looks. Great ballhandler with a great burst and good jumper. If he were 6'3 he'd be a real prospect. Seeing as though he is the same class and is the same size as Kramer I doubt he's on SLU's radar

Yeah, just too small, he'll do well for some school. Hopefully pretty soon, if not already, Kramer is at the bottom end of who SLU is recruiting, although it is very reassuring that he went toe to toe with Suggs (I'm sure neither one was leaving it all out there defensively, but still), and I wouldn't be surprised if he averages close to 30 next year, which no one will be able to shake their head at.

I think 20ppg is more likely. They also plan to get the big guy Redel more touches so his numbers might stay the same. He used to play pg for Webster, but he didnt play much of any this year. Wrickerson and Dace were both pg's starting alongside him and he wasnt really a pg this year. He needs to show that he can be a starting pg and run the show and pick and choose his spots.

One is from the 09 class too..(Mike Porter is 09) Kind of confusing list.. It states the top 50 for the class of 08 then claims in the article that it goes across all classes and then list kids from two different classes.. 08 and 09... Do you guys read that same thing? I'm confused? I'll re-read it again later.

There aren't -- "Players were evaluated on current level of skill, and potential at the next level." Even so I couldn't name 22, only 21 ;-)

1. George Goode (KC)

2 Scott Suggs

3. Leon Powell

4. Steve Moore (KC)

5. Tyler Griffey

6. Jarryd Cole (KC)

7. Johnny Coy (St. Joseph)

8. Marcus Denmon (KC)

9. Mike Dixon (KC)

10. Conner Teahan (KC)

11. Rahmon Fletcher (KC)

12. Will Bogan (Bell City)