After Watching Cincy VS Louisville...

Schasz

I feel better about our chances at Cincy after watching Louisville polax the Bearcats tonight. I mean they looked OK in the 1st half but horrid in the 2nd half. Perhaps, that perfect record until tonight may have been a little tainted??? If we take care of the basketball, and hold our own on the boards we can give them a run for their money.

Schasz, I tend to agree with you. Both teams have some great athletes, but Cincy looked real undisciplined at times. IF we can contral the pace and beat their pressure they will get very frustrated. If we can't, we'll be the one's frustrated. I really wish that game was at Savis, but we've beaten them at Cincy before. We need a nail biting tough win on the road. Maybe Cincy will be it.

just to point it out, cincy hasnt played much of a schedule thus far. marquette and dayton and now louisville are about it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teamsched?teamId=2132

Around the South-

By Pat Forde

Special to ESPN.com

"Saint Louis is joining the growing group of Conference USA schools battling for an at-large NCAA Tournament bid. The Billikens are off to a 3-1 start in league play and haven't allowed anybody to score 70 points in a month. Brad Soderberg's team hosts 0-4 East Carolina Saturday -- but then the schedule gets tough, with eight straight games against teams with winning records and legitimate postseason tournament aspirations. First comes three straight road games, at Charlotte, UAB and Memphis, then home games against DePaul, Charlotte and Marquette, then back on the road against DePaul and Cincinnati. If the Billikens get through that grind without collapsing, they're not bad."

I think they are both incredibly athletic. To beat either team we will have to really control the pace. With Cinci we will have to force them to play the game on the perimiter and get them frustrated. Once Louisville started to pull away ... this was a differrent team. They became out of control, taking bad shots and making no attempt to change the pace of a game they were clearly losing. One problem will be our win at Cinci last year ... will not let them take us lightly, and I can't imagine we will get many calls on the road. We would be better off if Loisville was on the road and Cinci was at home. Either way Cinci is not as bad as this game. We all know had sometimes when things are going bad for a team ... they just balloon.

I will be shocked to realistically see us beat Louisville any where ... especially with the win against them last year. They are good and they can shoot.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

My main impression from the Cincy v. Louisville game was that Cincy is not a very good half-court basketball team. You take away the turnovers, play good interior defense, restrict the putbacks, and make Cincy work in the half-court set and they lose their fangs. I feel confident our experienced guards will standup to the Cincy 3-man mid-court trap. I also think we will be able to defend the interior against Cincy. If the game were at Savvis, I would feel real good about our chances against the Bearcats. I still like our chances.