Are there any potential recruits at East St. Louis?

A-Mitch on rebounding:

"I just go after the ball and get it! I try my hardest to get the ball and go and get it! Yeah, it's effort, you gotta want it to get it!"

He and Ian should have been pen pals 5 years ago...

Ian: "WHAT AM SUPPOSED TO DO TO GET REBOUND!?!? I cannot figure out! Just go GET IT!?!?!?

Little A-Mitch: "Yeah! (lil jon) Just go get it!!!

the kid you saw last night was brandon harrold. he is a junior. he's about 6-7 and 260 pounds. He is a major college football recruit, but he also loves the roundball and is considering basketball for college instead. stay tuned. it's like the kavon lacey deal from alton. he's a skilled power forward.

the mitchell kid was at the lasalle game on saturday.

bad boyz for life

I saw Harrold play a couple weeks ago against Belleville West and was pretty impressed. He's big and has a pretty decent jump shot. I'm pretty sure he didn't play though the first part of the year, as he was absent in the Collinsville Tournament (at least the game that I saw.)

The only thing that scares me about Mitchell right now is his lack of perimeter game. There is no doubt he is strong and athletic, but his jumper is broke to say the least. However, the same could be said for Tommie's shot coming out of high school, and look what Brad did for it. We'll see.

Brandon Harold didn't play the first half of the season because he was concentrating on his academics, or something like that.

I agree with you on the Mitchell assessment. I've compared him to Sanijay Watts, as an undersized post player, but I was told Mitchell has a better perimeter game than Watts.

At the very least SLU would add some athleticism and toughness to its roster.

The Billikens need to bring in as many players as they can in this recruiting class.

- Nate