Luke Meyer?

logitech

I didn't get the chance to watch the game since I am in Cape Girardeau, but I was curious if Luke looked good in the second half? I happened to watch the game on game tracker, and i saw that luke only had 2 in the first half and ended up with 15. I was just curious if he took over the 2nd half or just happened to get his points like he always does by picking his spots. Thanks for the information, I am just curious to see if played really well the 2nd half of just fell into 13 2nd half points....Thanks a lot, I appreciate any info given..

your observation was correct. like a soccer player getting to open spaces, LM on a number of occasions as the shot clock was winding down moved across the lane to his right, stopped and hit his open shot. at least twice he got key offensive rebounds in the second half which eventually was converted into scores.

the keys to yesterday's game was KL toughness, FT shooting, LM coming up big and the IV we saw last year coming around a little.

mhg

In my psot onthe St. Joe's game, I think three-star responded with a very telling answer ... something about how athletic fours seem to roam at will against our Billies forever. Its a good answer but I think why its important is that it answers exactly what Luke did in the second half. With Ian having a pretty good game, the GeeDub players were concentrating on him in the low blocks. Every time the ball approached entry to Ian, Digss and Kounja and the longnamedkid would all collapse and double- or -triple team Ian. Luke was just moving to the vacated spot on the floor and popping. He was lights out on almost everything but that three he took mid-half or so. That would have been a nice dagger to the heart and its too bad it didn't drop.

There were a few times with the shot clock running down that Luke also had the ball and delivered. As I said inthat St. Joe's post, this kid is a warrior and deserves lots of accolades. He is really starting to remind a lot, mentally, of Jeff Harris in his senior year. He doesn't post the numbers reboundig and all that, but he is boxing out and is getting his hands on things on the defensive end to be disruptive.

Rolesa re being defined on this team as the stretch run appears. So far, in two game sin three nights, I've liked what I've seen, despite its tenuous foundations.

LM reminded me so much of the not quite talented or fast enough over hyped coach's favorites of past years. Grawer always favored these grinds to the talented types like Kevin Footes, Mel Robinson. or way back to Eugene Moore-those opposites who coaches find it hard to play because in practise or game they almost never break a sweat-TL would qualify if he did not trash mouth Biggs laying on the floor with his fly by ya put back dunk of the GW game-

I digress LM has been steady and cool and has benefitted from the doubles and triples hanging on IV-what has convertewd me is his blocking ou on offense and defence-especially for rebounds-ever wonder why we seem to have 2-3 guards rebounding-the bigs are taking out the opponents bigs on many occasions

Keep up the good work Luke has won me over-other than Luke seems coach

always plays the fastest man we have available

Kevin Footes who played for Grawer was a juco transfer from Univ of Kansas City before it was division I-he was a wonderful 6-8 or 6-9 slender guard who could take control of a game; he played street ball and Grawer never used his talents well; he started then sat at the end of the bench-I doubt "sponsor of Kevin Footes" even knows where he is today

give me a break next you'll say Sloan was a talent like Monroe Douglas, Gray grew 6 inches to

be about 6-6 or 6-8 guard by senior year; AB was a grind player-a great grind player-if he had a jump shot he'd still be in the NBA he could jump from the key to the basket and a man among boys on rebounding. A truly great player to watch but AB was no Bob Ferry or Easy Ed

they were the real thing-MVP and All Americans-AB was Wes Unseld not a Billiken with no jump shot.

Glad to know you think so much of three Billiken greats. Two of them made a done of money for a long time playing overseas, when that actually meant something. Those leagues are so watered down now, it is sad.

Well if your beloved Melvin Robinson had half a brain and was coachable he would have had more than a cup of coffee with league. The guy had all-star talent, but often ended hurting more than helping you on the court becuase of his own stupid mistakes. It didn't matter who he was playing for.

of the talent we have; in the past we had too many coaches like Grawer who never improved Monroe Douglas or Melvin Robinson; I was happy to see the article in the Post today where Sodaberg finally has a talented player who is willing to be coached and Sodaberg is finally willing to give some insight into what he can offer. Too often MVC and SLU teams only valued guards and made 3's and 4's play out of position because we couldn't recruit enough bigs because of our lack of coaching experience with bigs.

>of the talent we have; in the past we had too many coaches

>like Grawer who never improved Monroe Douglas or Melvin

>Robinson; I was happy to see the article in the Post today

>where Sodaberg finally has a talented player who is willing

>to be coached and Sodaberg is finally willing to give some

>insight into what he can offer. Too often MVC and SLU teams

>only valued guards and made 3's and 4's play out of position

>because we couldn't recruit enough bigs because of our lack

>of coaching experience with bigs.

The MVC for example "only values guards" because it can't recruit bigs. The bigs are going to the top conferences because there aren't a lot of them to go around. There are a lot more guards to go around for even the mid-majors. Ask an MVC coach. And SLU's coach's name is Brad Soderberg.

thanks for catching the typo; I'll put my glasses back on so i can spellcheck you get lazy when you use applications with an automated

speller and of course if you want to watch guards play the smaller schools are filled with talent that can run and shoot; but basketball

is meant to have 5 different sets of skills in its most ideal form

-W.C. Fields "I'd rather be in Philadelphia" is still true today.

My sentiments that is why SLU would be going backwords to play more MVC teams the athleticism and size of the A10 opponents made us all doubt we could win these last two games-someone a row behind me at the GW game said after warm ups we have 3 players that could make their team and A10 coaches have taken us apart in a lot of second halves-this is a step up

The Big Chill was the only big man that didn't improve under Grawer, but he never improved anywhere else after he left here. He was uncoachable.

If you want to rip on Grawer far never getting over the hump, go ahead. If you want to say he lost control of the team his last year, go ahead. If you want to say he never should have recruited questionable characters like Irvin and Skinner, go ahead. You may have some valid points and those topics are debatable.

Robinson was uncoachable. Nobody was able to help his game. He turned out to be a coach killer here. Don't fault Grawer for Robinson. He never got any better after he left here.

His peers always respected Grawer as an excellent big man coach.