Duquesne

SShoe

I see. So 8 wins in the number 10 conference is getting it done. I'm not really sure how to respond. Then again, I don't know why I read your post at all. After you made a ruthless comment about one of the most beloved billikens fans less than 1 month after his death, I told myself I wouldn't read your posts again. My bad.

That and the practice facility definitely make an impression on a kid. You must have missed it or you are choosing to ignore the fact that the father of one of the top high school underclassmen said that it matters only two days ago on this very board.

I posted earlier that Everhart should be named coach of the year. But, don't go to crazy over what is happening there. They still have only won eight games.

UB has repeatedly bought in players that contribute? He did it one year, his first, because he had no choice after Zo's recruits hit the road. I'm not annointing Everhart for Sainthood, but given the situation at Duquense over the last 4-5 years, if I was a DU alum I'd be dancing in the street. They drew less people than a Slim Whitman concert and won about as many games as Saddam Hussein won wars. And I wouldn't be claiming AK is a ready made player. Yes, he had a good game against UH and let's hope it continues. DP and DB's overall contribution has been marginal at best. In fact DB's contribution this year has consisted of primarily giving the ball up to the other team.

After you made a

>ruthless comment about one of the most beloved billikens

>fans less than 1 month after his death, I told myself I

>wouldn't read your posts again. My bad.

huh? You do realize that lies make baby Jesus cry, right?

still waiting, nashville.....

just as I thought. Being clueless and uninformed is one thing, being a bald faced liar, well, that's another.

There's always time for Billikens.com in my life. As fergie once said "Hotties come and go like seasons" however, billikens.com will always be there.

I don't post weekends cuz I am typically inserting intravenous drugs with my supermodel girlfriends, while sipping on Krystal, sporting only a man thong, relaxing in a hot tub in the back of my Hummer limo.

I'd stay away from the Krystal...and stick to White Castle. Unless you're talking about Cristal, the champagne. And I'd recommend staying away from that as well. It's way overpriced and hyped up for a mediocre bottle of bubbly (P for Q at least). I'd recommend trading that for a solid bottle of Krug. Or for even less money, a bottle of Veuve Clicquot. "J" is also one of my favorites, but I haven't seen that one in awhile.

>Everhart has rallied these kids after a tragedy that would

>have sent most teams into hibernation. Robert Mitchell, a

>kid recruited by nobody, is playing unbelievable. Kieron

>Achara is playing up to his potential after a really

>disappointing season last year (kinda the reverse of Ian).

>But this is the same Ron Everhart that went 63-57 over four

>seasons at Northeastern. Those are Brad-like numbers.

perspective. Look where the programs he took over started and where they ended up:

At Northeastern, he inherited a program that averaged fewer than nine wins in the six seasons prior to his arrival and produced 19, 21 and 19 victories in his final three years. In his five seasons at the Boston, Mass. school, the Huskies averaged 16.4 wins.

His 2004-05 team, which finished second in the America East Conference with a 15-3 record (21-10 overall), advanced to the postseason conference tournament championship game where it lost to NCAA Tournament Cinderella Vermont. The `05 Huskies went on to earn an NIT bid - marking Northeastern's first postseason appearance in 14 years.

In 2005-06, he led the Huskies to a 19-11 record and 12-6 mark in the Colonial Athletic Association. His starting point guard, Jose Juan Barea, was named CAA Player of the Year and forward Shawn James earned Defensive Player of the Year honors.

At McNeese State, Everhart ended a streak of six consecutive sub-.500 seasons by leading the Cowboys to a 15-12 mark in 1995-96 - his second season at the Lake Charles, La. school. His seven-year stay culminated with a 22-9 record and Southland Conference regular-season title in 2000-01. The 2000-01 Cowboys, who won 19 of their last 20 games before losing the Southland Conference championship game by a point, earned the school's first postseason bid in 12 years when they accepted a bid to the NIT.