This is not a good thing

slu72

read in this morning's PD that DP is hurting, and in his place, we get DB. DB against St.J's D, makes me tremble all over. DP may not be much of an offensive threat, but at least he hangs onto the ball. DB not so much. Of course, he could go off and have a GW moment.

I don't know about matchups, but this is the perfect time to start either Adam or JJ inside and play Luke at the 3. Make them match up to us.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Absolutely, give Adam the start. From the sounds of it he proved himself a bit more last game, and I flat out just don't like DB starting, or DP if he's even slightly hurt. He's not a star player like Lisch who can play hurt and contribute. St. Joe's D will sag off of Polk like my grandma's ass in a Ponderosa buffet line. If AK biffs it, then we cross our fingers, send the kids to bed and pray that JJ or DB don't make us put the remote through the screen.

I agree ... Imo the only starting lineup that makes sense is IV. (JJ,AK), LM, KL, TL. Their bigs average over 43ppg. Their 2 guards average just over 12ppg and are both freshmen. We need to match them up size wise and defend their bigs and exploit their guards.

We always say we would like to see UB force a team to match up with us ... imo this is a game where there size absolutely dictates we match up with them we need to hold their big 3 to 30 - 35 and dominate with guard play.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Guarantee that St. Joe's will play that sagging defense like last year and make SLU beat them from the outside. Our guys still need to prove that they can beat a team with consistent outside shooting. I am still not convinced they can. From the look at the size of St. Joe's starting lineup, they will bunch it in and terrorize Ian. Hopefully our turnovers are not insane as they were against Houston. If SLU wins the turnover battle and makes free throws, they should take this game.

A good shooting day from Tommie, Kevin, and Danny and we'll be fine. I'm not saying we'll win, but we won't get blown out like last year. Don't make shots and we've seen what happens.

I wonder if the refs will call the notorious "St. Joe push-off". They got away with that crap in both games last year.