just checking top 25 teams last night

again moy, i never said what you are insinuating. my only point i have been consistent on throughout this thread is that even the top teams dont play more than 7 or 8 players primarily and most use 3-4 players for 30+ minutes each per game. you are the one that accused me of making statements about the quality of the players as compared to slu's subs. i asked how to compare and never opined.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll answer your question when you answer my comparison questions of the two programs which you convienently dodged.

And i answered how you compare, to which you have not been responsive.

How do you compare? Watch the players. Christ roy, you act like you know nothing of the quality of the players of Duke et al.

You are right though, i did insinuate that you made certain comments about the quality of the players that you didn't explicitly state and i apologize to you for that. Unfortunately, it is necessarly tied to the comparisons you are making and the conclusions at which you arrive.

"is florida's facilities less than or equal to slu?"

don't know, probably greater than.

"does florida get residual effects of the football team's media exposure?"

Yep.

"tell me about the athletic dept staff at florida and how they compare experience and agewise to the slu athletic dept?"

Don't know, i'll guess they are better than everyone at slu in every respect.

"what is the florida recruiting budget as compared to slu's? what is the entire florida basketball budget as compared to slu's?"

Don't know, probably have a heckuva lot more money to play with than SLU.

"do you think the previous ncaa experience before donovan gives donovan a leg up with recruiting?"

Absolutely.

I would take Donovan over UB, who would you take Roy?

Roy, you know all. We all know this. I don't have to answer your questions, cause I already know that Florida's programs is way ahead of SLU's. Regardless, what coach would you rather have coaching in SLU's environment?

(Donovon is nothing, Soderburg is awesome. remember, he called Dixon the most athletic on the team AND he recruited a guy named Bryce Husak)

i'll say this, donovan will alway be the more successful coach and in every aspect of a college coach. i have no doubts about that. donovan over soderberg is indeed a no brainer.

now if i was going to pick a coach, any coach to replace soderberg, it would never be donovan. if we get to pick a coach from anyone, i think we can find someone that is as successful with less gray smoke than billy donovan.

we arent going to get to pick any coach in america to be his replacement. we are going to get an inexperienced assistant or a low major head coach that won an unexpected game in the tourney along with the same inadequate program components we have been saddled with for the entire biondi administration. fix the infrastructure first. then we can make a decision that wont result in losing another lorenzo romar.

I think our 1-4 is competitive with most teams including many top 25. I think we have a pretty big drop off to DP. Every once in a while he will have a 10 pt game, but it is generally 5 or less. He doesn't have a large number of assists to counter his low production. What he brings to the table is great speed and quickness. He has yet though to make those assets have a consistent effect on the game. His repacement is Danny who everyonce in awhile has a nice game, but often seems to be a negative when he comes in. Then we have JJ. The difference between our 1st 5 and our very short bench is huge. Regardless of whether you are pro, con, or inbetween about Brad, I don't see how anyone can argue this.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Roy did you even check out the stats I linked to all those teams play more players a signifigant amount than the Bills. Just look at the stats. The only teams that have five players getting similar amounts of minutes to are starting five are Duke and AU. Recent results for those two teams may suggest that their starting five is starting to wear down too.

i was only going by minutes played and what you said. you said your links showed most teams with 8 players playing 8 minutes or more. we have 7 players with 10 minutes or more (agreeing not to count husak as you pointed out)