Rank them by minutes played

ACE

Following the LaSalle model was the plan last year. This year its Dayton. Four years ago it was the Butler model.

I'm just looking forward to the day when people want to follow our model.

Agreed. IF we are going to follow a model, Xavier is the one I would want to follow. Eleven NCAA Tournaments in the last 13 years and making the big dance on a consistent basis over more than two decades. I always viewed Butler as a spectacular flash in the pan, LaSalle and Dayton as one year flukes, but Xavier has established a record of sustained success. Xavier also managed to step up the level of their recruiting over time and build on their success.

Yes. Absurd. They got hot at the right time. We dominated them on their home court and blew the second game against them yet we need to be more like them?

They won a ton of must win games down the stretch. Good for them. The only problem is that they were playing at the same level, if not better, at the beginning of the season. So your theory about them improving as the year went along holds little to no weight. They got hot at the end of the year and had good match ups in the tournament.

The funniest thing about your post is that if Dayton actually had lost in the first round to Ohio State you wouldn't have even been posting about this. It's hilarious how caught up in the moment some people get. Take a minute to step back and examine the whole picture. And wipe the red and white jizz off your face while you're at it.

Wrong on all accounts. And your personal attacks on me are unwarranted and offensive. Grow up.

First, you obviously cannot comprehend or be open to the facts and comments I posted. UD was not the same team earlier in the year. I watched them play us at UD to open their A10 schedule as well as when they beat us at home. The depth of their team in terms of numbers played, minutes played by their bench and quality of numbers/ production by their bench is not the same. In fact, we are the ones who beat them with depth in January as opposed to our shortened bench in March. Their youngsters simply got better as the year went on. Their guards became interchangeable. Same with forwards. Their depths and ability to foul and foul our limited number of players but whom had superior skills is the "role model" Is what I referred to.

Second UD did not get hot at the end of the year. They became a deep and good team in the middle of the season and continued their winning ways over 16 games. Saying a team got hot implies a shorter duration and intends to not give them credit for earning their wins (must wins or not).

Third, the reason UD had must win games at the end was because they lost a lot in the early season. Fact.

Fourth, UD always plays an easy OOC schedule and starts each year with a gaudy win loss record so wipe the jizz off you own face as to their team performance early in their season. They were not the same team as at the end.

Fifth, my post is not based upon their post season run but from my personal observations as to how looked completely different in beating us at home at the end of the season. I understand the intervening run to the Elite 8 but I would have posted the same after season. Believe me or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Shall we revisit this topic after the addition of MY? I'd like to edit my line:

1) AY

2) AM

3) TL

4) JM

5) RA

6) MC

7) MY

8) GG

9) MB

10) DR

11) MR

12) BJ

I believe that TL will still take the starting role at the beginning of the season, and MC has shown me enough to assume he will be getting significant minutes if not starting. AM is my biggest question mark honestly, and RA is obviously barring any setback from his surgery.

Shall we revisit this topic after the addition of MY? I'd like to edit my line:

1) AY

2) AM

3) TL

4) JM

5) RA

6) MC

7) MY

8) GG

9) MB

10) DR

11) MR

12) BJ

I believe that TL will still take the starting role at the beginning of the season, and MC has shown me enough to assume he will be getting significant minutes if not starting. AM is my biggest question mark honestly, and RA is obviously barring any setback from his surgery.

I totally agree. On the AM front, more than likely the starting PG will be MR and/or MB. This team is set to be bigger than last. I see MR starting ahead of MB but ya never know.

I totally agree. On the AM front, more than likely the starting PG will be MR and/or MB. This team is set to be bigger than last. I see MR starting ahead of MB but ya never know.

His leadership is going to be key early on, but as the need for such a leader will fade throughout the season and I think come conference play we'll see him fall to around 5 or 6.